Bye Bye Understeer

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2005, 13:55

roger

Sorry Stu, might have confused - its the norm to take the rings OFF.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

Quote from: "roger"Sorry Stu, might have confused - its the norm to take the rings OFF.

sorry mate RTFQ  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Chris

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Chris"Interesting, I'll have to check mine, as I left the rings on as well, but don't seem to be having any problems with bonnet clearance...  My washers are ok so far as well, just wish the wipers were the same!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Did you leave the rings under the strut or place them on top of the mounts  s:?: :?: s:?:

Strange, but recently i've been putting up with the left washer not working, then I remembered this thread, and sure enough, upon checking the hose was squashed by the brace.  I've taped it to the rear edge of the bonnet for now, but did you find that taking the rings off gives the extra clearance needed?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Chris"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Chris"Interesting, I'll have to check mine, as I left the rings on as well, but don't seem to be having any problems with bonnet clearance...  My washers are ok so far as well, just wish the wipers were the same!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Did you leave the rings under the strut or place them on top of the mounts  s:?: :?: s:?:

Strange, but recently i've been putting up with the left washer not working, then I remembered this thread, and sure enough, upon checking the hose was squashed by the brace.  I've taped it to the rear edge of the bonnet for now, but did you find that taking the rings off gives the extra clearance needed?
If the rings are underneath the strut then definately; if they are above of course it makes no difference. I still had to tape the LHS washer hose out of the way even with the rings off  s:? :? s:?  and its worked fine ever since  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"Cutting the plastic was the hardest and longest part, partly due to me having a fairly small and none too sharp stanley knife, and partly due to the fact that the supplied templates weren't quite right!

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 1996#21996 m

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

richbay

SO ARE WE SAYING THE TWO MUST HAVE MODS FOR A 2001 CAR ARE THE FLEX PLATE AND FRONT UPPER STRUT BRACE? IF SO WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE AND UPP FRONT STRUT BRACE .....

Tags: