Lambo doors on a '2. What do people think????

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2005, 00:49

Anonymous

Just seen this thingy on Ebay:

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1 m

Item 7975060200 in case i've messed that up. Do they work? Are they convincing? What do they look like? And....are they worth considering?

Doors that go up. Hmmm...?

so.simple

This has been discussed in the past: http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2611&highlight=lambodoors and http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5440&highlight=lambodoors

Personally, I like them. I think the '2, having no door window frame is well suited for that kind of mod... I guess in the end, it is basically your choice.

Oh, if you do buy that kit, may I ask you to take loads of detailed measurements and photos? I'd be very curious about some dimensions.
Carlos

Slacey

If I had the money I would give these a whirl - I quite like them and would be willing to try for £150!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

my only question would be How do you open the doors with the roof up/hardtop on  s:?: :?: s:?:

kanujunkie

yep, same here, i like em, give it a go, be different  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "spgreen"my only question would be How do you open the doors with the roof up/hardtop on  s:?: :?: s:?:

The doors open out slightly and then go up as far as I'm aware!

Chris   s:) :) s:)

Jap GT300

They open out slightly before they rise on every kit i've seen as well.  It is an option on our cars with the veilside kit.

I would like to try these, but I would have to cut into the front fender to allow it to rise because of the bodykit

Anonymous

I always said that my next car would have lambo doors and think the 2 wopuld be great for this. This is something that i would also like to try was going to do it on my last car but i didnt think that my pimped up proton was the ideal car to do that on.

Stop laughing.

kanujunkie

i saw an RX7 at Bolney this year with these doors and it actually looked cool, except for the pearlescent pink paint job  s:? :? s:?  

the guy had the door cards off though and had needed to do some fairly extensive welding to beef up the door frame, so beware if you're thinking of doing this mod
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Oh yes - smart. You gotta do it!   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Sold.   s8) 8) s8)

roger

Quote from: "ekona"Sold.   s8) 8) s8)

Wow ££££££. Can't wait to see the piccies.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

This is what happens when I get bored waiting for my Hass kit to arrive!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Okay, I'm not getting that kit after all.

I e-mailed the guy to see if I could pick the kit up instead of paying for postage, and got this reply:

Quote from: "Guy from eBay"sorry to send this e-mail bad news i afraid i haved just got out of hospital after loosing part of my finger to find garage broken into i regret this e-mail and would expect you to leave negative comments i would have cancelled earlier again i am sorry

s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

FFS! My first though was 'Oh, poor guy', but then I realised what's happened: The kit obviously hasn't sold for what he wanted it to, so he's pulling out! Frickin' mother hubbard! How long do you have to stay in hospital for that: A couple of hours? Funny how the auction only got cancelled after I e-mailed him about the costs... I'm just glad I bothered, and didn't just send him the money.

Since he's a 'new member' (allegedly), he's not going to give a toss about negative feedback so I don't even have the pleasure of that.

I'm really annoyed about this. Can you tell?

aaronjb

But he's saved you from becoming UberChav!

<runs off>

eBay is getting harder and harder to do business on, though.. mind, the last few auctions I ran, I ended up letting people down - well, not entirely my fault.. the courier lost £2000's worth of stuff   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  ('lost' or stole, I wonder..)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"But he's saved you from becoming UberChav!

<runs off>

s:P :P s:P    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I hope his finger really hurts.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

I think we should all keep an eye on Ebay as i've a feeling they might spring up with a higher start price at some time????

Wot an arse.

Anonymous

Guys, check this out. It's a motorised scissors door. Door opens with a touch of a button, or a remote.

http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?ITEMID=LAMBODUN

You know what, people here at ROC are more accepting about appearance mods and lambo doors. If this thread has been on SC, anyone in favour of it will be bashed like hell. hahaha....

Anonymous

Quote from: "simontan75"You know what, people here at ROC are more accepting about appearance mods and lambo doors. If this thread has been on SC, anyone in favour of it will be bashed like hell. hahaha....

Nah, they're all thinking the same, they just won't say it!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

roger

Mumble, mumble, big smile, mumble, mutter   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

so.simple

Just found this:

Click on photo for the listing

I find the fact that they keep calling our cars the "MR-S" Roaster troughout the entire listing rather amusing...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Carlos

Anonymous

Nice, but I reckon I can get the same result with some bamboo, a smarties tube and some brown tape.

Maybe it'll look so good i'll be able to 'roaster' someone in it  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I will put aside my opinion about them and I'll stick to the functional aspect...

If you notice the doors of a Lamborghini, they raise to almost vertical.  I am not sure these door have enough clearance to let people in...

Anonymous

That's a good point. It might be in need of some sort of limbo skills   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Wonder how much it would cost to get them to go up AND out. Surely that would be perfect   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

He he - the Lambo Limbo it would be called   s:D :D s:D   I shall go to my corner now   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: