Blitz Supercharger

Started by kanujunkie, May 26, 2005, 15:37

kanujunkie

Quote from: "SteveJ"Having spent quite a bit of time looking at an SC Corolla at Essen a couple of years ago, there is no way it is going to fit without MAJOR surgery

BUGGER!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

out of interest, how much major surgery? i take it you mean moving part of the firewall? isn't the fuel tank just on the other side of part of it? what if you were to loose the cubby holes?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

problem is if you cut into te bulkhead there you lose strength, it's going to be a major PITA to do it right.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"problem is if you cut into te bulkhead there you lose strength, it's going to be a major PITA to do it right.

good point as well, right idea dead, would have been good though, shame TRD never did one for ours, perhaps the boys in Germany would give it a go sometime?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

I don't reckon there's ever likely to be a mass-market one for our car, due to the space.. Nobody wants to lose their soft top, after all..

Unless you went 'roots-style' and put the supercharger on top of the engine, sticking out of the engine cover  s;) ;) s;)  (Yes, I know there's several problems with that suggestion  s:) :) s:) )

I still reckon the supercharger is past it's sell by date - just because big manufacturers use it, doesn't make it the most efficient choice.. After all, all those manufacturers (well, apart from Bently) make diesel models too.... *legs it from the SC posse*
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

I don't care if turbo is more efficient. If I can get 200 hp from a turbo or SC, I wouldn't care which is more efficient. Diesels are more efficient than gasoline engines and I don't want one of those either  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

proeliator2001

Superchargers seemed ideally suited to more high reving engines, like the 2ZZ whereas the turbo seems better suited to lower reving ones, like our engine.  If you have a well tuned NA engine, I'm sure a SC suits it better than a turbo.  That said, I've plans for a turbo on mine once the warranty is out   s:D :D s:D
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Tags: