Apexi power FC question

Started by JB21, February 13, 2023, 13:25

JB21

Quick one.

I'm presuming the Apexi power FC serial number ZT231 020 *** will run any 2ZZ engine with cable throttle?

I ask as my 2zz conversion uses 2 ECU's. OE MR2 ECU to control body and dash functions such as revs, some dash lights, coolant fan etc, and a Corolla 2ZZ ECU just controlling engine parameters.

Presume I can just plug and play the Apexi FC in place of the Corolla ECU?

Gaz2405

That's my understanding of it.
1zz turbo. Home built and home mapped.

Now 2zz turbo. Home built and home mapped

Build thread https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67004.0

AJRFulton

Would you be looking to buy one?

Mine may be up for sale very soon and well if.... I found somebody wanting to buy it may force my decision to go ecumaster. It works with a cable throttle.

Can be confirmed working by Andy @JSpec too.

JB21

Quote from: AJRFulton on February 13, 2023, 16:08Would you be looking to buy one?

Mine may be up for sale very soon and well if.... I found somebody wanting to buy it may force my decision to go ecumaster. It works with a cable throttle.

Can be confirmed working by Andy @JSpec too.

How much mate?

AJRFulton

Quote from: JB21 on February 13, 2023, 19:25How much mate?

Never really thought about it. It has an FC controller too, but the screen has a few lines of pixels out - still usable, but not perfect. It's reset to default map as well.

What sort of price do these sell for? I'd need to look, but just about to take off from Riga to Edinburgh.

I just want to upgrade to the ecumaster black

Alex Knight

Quote from: JB21 on February 13, 2023, 13:25Quick one.

I'm presuming the Apexi power FC serial number ZT231 020 *** will run any 2ZZ engine with cable throttle?

I ask as my 2zz conversion uses 2 ECU's. OE MR2 ECU to control body and dash functions such as revs, some dash lights, coolant fan etc, and a Corolla 2ZZ ECU just controlling engine parameters.

Presume I can just plug and play the Apexi FC in place of the Corolla ECU?

Out of curiosity, why didn't you just use a Celica 190 ECU instead of two ECUs?

JB21

Quote from: Alex Knight on February 14, 2023, 23:13Out of curiosity, why didn't you just use a Celica 190 ECU instead of two ECUs?

Dunno, its how Rogue set it up with the build.

Gaz2405

Give me a shout if you need any of the software for datalogit etc
1zz turbo. Home built and home mapped.

Now 2zz turbo. Home built and home mapped

Build thread https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67004.0

Alex Knight

Quote from: JB21 on February 15, 2023, 08:54Dunno, its how Rogue set it up with the build.

That's bloody odd.

You can just re-pin about 8 wires (probably less in your case) get a 190/T-Sport ECU and ditch both the ones you have now to save a bit of weight?

JB21

Quote from: Alex Knight on February 15, 2023, 23:32That's bloody odd.

You can just re-pin about 8 wires (probably less in your case) get a 190/T-Sport ECU and ditch both the ones you have now to save a bit of weight?

CBA to save a few hundred grams, got bigger things to worry about ATM i.e pulling the gearbox. Plus my JDM ECU wouldn't work.

Tags: