Nearside ABS wheel speed sensor

Started by Asura, April 4, 2023, 22:23

Asura

My mot failed on the abs sensor due to the nearside abs wheel speed sensor.

Just wondering if anyone is selling any or know where I can find one? I can only find one from MR2 ben. I suspect, tcb performance might have some?  The MOT guy says he can only find one in japan thats £200 which i thought was utter bollocks.

Ardent

The fail.

Is that because a light was on?
Did not know/think abs was part of the mot. Braking yes but not specifically abs.

Topdownman

I would check that it is plugged in. If it is,remove and replace it a couple of times to clean up the contacts.

You could ring J-spec for his advice, a 2nd hand hub assembly may be the easiest fix?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Carolyn

Front or rear?  I ask, 'cos changing the hub is much easier on the front.  Those sensors went in lots of different cars, btw.  You  could try searching for, say, 2001 Avensis ones.  I've looked and the cable seems plenty long enough.  In the worst case, you splice in your cable and plug.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Asura

Quote from: Ardent on April  5, 2023, 07:42The fail.

Is that because a light was on?
Did not know/think abs was part of the mot. Braking yes but not specifically abs.

Yeah, it was because the lights on. The code said that it was due to the rear nearside abs wheel speed sensor.

Asura

Quote from: Carolyn on April  5, 2023, 09:22Front or rear?  I ask, 'cos changing the hub is much easier on the front.  Those sensors went in lots of different cars, btw.  You  could try searching for, say, 2001 Avensis ones.  I've looked and the cable seems plenty long enough.  In the worst case, you splice in your cable and plug.

Its the rear NS.Yeah, id imagine the hubs would be from another toyota too, just dont know how he got a £200 price quote.

J88TEO

I have one from a very low mileage car if you are interested.
Just £35.00 posted if you are interested.

Tags: