Central Locking/Alarm

Started by normanh, April 5, 2023, 20:20

normanh

I am experiencing issues with the unlocking mechanism, the key fob locks no issues but when I unlock the deadbolts and locks wont open and I have to use the key in both locks to open the doors. It first happened yesterday. Not sure what to do but I will start with disconnecting the battery. Any other ideas anyone?

Norman

Call the midlife!

More than likely the battery in the fob, if it's the same on both sides, probably needs a little more signal to tell the brain to unlock and disarm etc.
60% of the time it works everytime...

paulj

unlock does seem to be affected by low battery first, so i agree with a change.

sometimes if unlock doesnt work on mine, a press of lock first seems to wake it up
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

normanh

Well a new battery seems to be a solution but I also disconnected the earth for a couple of hours and used the lock/unlock function on the dashboard a few times befor locking and unlocking the car with the key fob. Call it belt and braces.

Norman

TheTigerUK

Quote from: normanh on April  7, 2023, 15:18Well a new battery seems to be a solution but I also disconnected the earth for a couple of hours and used the lock/unlock function on the dashboard a few times befor locking and unlocking the car with the key fob. Call it belt and braces.

Norman

My battery has gone pretty flat while not running my 2 and the locks are playing up.
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

normanh

It was a new battery in the fob not the car Tiger.I disconnected the car battery to reset the onboard electronics - ECU just in case it was that playing up.

Norman

Tags: