Front Brakes

Started by normanh, April 26, 2023, 18:21

normanh

I am not going mad guys, quote Autodoc

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/toyota/mr-2/mr-2-iii-zzw3/14535-1-8-16v-vt-i-zzw30?fromSearch=1&criteria%5B100%5D%5B0%5D=VA&criteria%5B100%5D%5B2%5D=VA

The best brands for the TOYOTA MR2 III Convertible (W30) 1.8 16V VT-i (ZZW30) 1999 - 2007 140hp / 103kW in the category Shock absorber are:

RIDEX
BILSTEIN
SACHS
MONROE
TRW

Gaz mr-s

Something's amiss.  If I click on that link it gives Koni, Sachs & NK only.

Try putting in your reg' number.

Bilstein have never made them for a mk3.

normanh

Gaz

That text above is cut and pasted directly from the website site with the statement above stating the MR2 Mk111 in black an white, my reg number had been entered. It clearly states Mk111. This is why I ordered them!!! There is something wrong with this website fullstop, I went by the recommendations as listed I wasnt dreaming or putting in the wrong reg number.To be frank thats why I went elsewhere in the end I was pulling what little hair \i have left out.

Norman

Gaz mr-s

I wasn'
Quote from: normanh on April 29, 2023, 21:47Gaz

That text above is cut and pasted directly from the website site with the statement above stating the MR2 Mk111 in black an white, my reg number had been entered. It clearly states Mk111. This is why I ordered them!!! There is something wrong with this website fullstop, I went by the recommendations as listed I wasnt dreaming or putting in the wrong reg number.To be frank thats why I went elsewhere in the end I was pulling what little hair \i have left out.

Norman

I wasn't doubting what you got.  But I know it's incorrect....hence something's amiss.   ebay with 15 or 20% off is cheaper......

normanh

I know its now correct, let this be a warning to everyone dont take information from sites as gospel it can be wrong big time.

On Parcelforce - there was a 15 hour delay in tracking info being updated delivery will be Tuesday 2nd yet they claimed wrongly it would be the 29th as above you just cant trust them big time!!!!

Gave up searching Ebay all I got was secondhand and other makes peed off with their search function as well.

Norman

Gaz mr-s

Gen 7 Celica top mounts are the same. Some Yaris discs are the same. (though in past few days was of no benefit)
The prices on the shocks vary a bit. Sometimes KYB are only available for one end. But in last couple of years new brand names have appeared. It'll be one manufacturer selling to all of them & they put their own name on them.
btw, they are all pressurised, they're a combination of gas & oil.

The one part I've failed to get on ebay is dust boots.  The price of MR2-specific annoys me. TCB has an aftermarket which seems the best compromise.

Tags: