New MR2 1/4mile record!

Started by Anonymous, June 4, 2005, 02:33

Anonymous

Yup, you heard it here first! It was my car, and I managed a record time of 9.9secs with a terminal speed of 103mph!

Unfortunately, that speed was recorded by 2 policeman sitting in their car waiting for someone to drive past the 0.237 of a mile they'd marked out.   s:( :( s:(  

No excuses from me, I'll hold my hands up and take my punishment. Luckily the PCs were really good about it, saying that it was a dual carriageway and the conditions were really good, and that they could see I was in full control of the car at the time, which could explain how they only gave me the standard 3 points + £60 fine. I should have been looking at a 3 month ban plus large fine, so I consider myself very lucky today. I'm not boasting about any of this by the way: I feel like a complete prat (and rightfully so) about the whole thing.

So I no longer have a clean driving licence. At least I got caught speeding 'properly' by two human beings, and not doing 3mph over the limit by a camera.

Slacey

Erk! And this was pre-turbo!

Be careful with that loud pedal my friend  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Its good to see that the police were being pragmatic (sp?) about it, as you said they could have decided to take you to court and ban you. This is the exact reason cameras should be removed from all places except from schools etc, the police in this case were able to use thier judgement that you were fully in control and the road conditions were good. a camera just records your speed not the road conditions RANT RANT RANT

sorry peeps just needed to have that little outburst  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Lucky bugger if that had been me I'd be off to court for a ban and a massive fine or at best 6 points and a massive fine. Either way it would be a major plead with the insurance company at renewal time.

On a side note whenever I've been stopped I have always been very polite to the officer as he's just doing his job (remember police do not make the rules they just enforce them).

Anonymous

Bet it wasn't this fella with the camera?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Les"Bet it wasn't this fella with the camera?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Funnily enough, one of them did have a 'tache!   s:D :D s:D  

I think one of the reasons I got off so lightly is that I started blubbing like a big girl when he started to say that they prosecute if you go over 96mph...   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I love being able to turn the waterworks on and off at will.

proeliator2001

I've said it before and probably will again - ditch the bloody cameras and bring back traffic police who, amongst other things, can get the bloody idiots off the road who barely know how to keep the car in a straight line yet miss ever getting caught by doing 37.5 mpg on a country road past a speed cam   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Nice to see a black rat using their judgement though.  If it were pouring down and you were doing 80 the fine would be higher no doubt - yet again a failing of those sodding metal boxes   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    

Off to find a chainsaw and a camera   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

i agree, christmas time I was pulled for doing 90 on a dual carriage way, and as the police pulled along side me, caught me drinking powerade whilst driving   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I had a small lecture and got standard £60 3 points....... He was nice enough about it, and i found myself thanking him for fining me   s:D :D s:D  

Best thing was, I only got my licence back a couple of weeks ago, and had a letter with it saying I only got a warning... no points!

roger

I received my first NIP last week, 35 in a 30 limit in North Wales...where else. A5 in Llangollen.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Obviously I don't know yet what the outcome will be, but I sent them a pleasant letter saying what a good boy I am, clean licence etc etc., and if they do not propose an alternative penalty to prosecution (as intimated on the NIP, presumably an afternoon at school), then would they be so kind enough to send me the photographs which they have, since a very minor error would put me under the prosecutable limit.

I hope they choose the "alternative". Don't really know if this letter was a good or bad idea, or a totally pointless exercise.

I am just hoping there isn't a jobsworth at the other end who says "sod him" and goes for the prosecution   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"I hope they choose the "alternative". Don't really know if this letter was a good or bad idea, or a totally pointless exercise.

I am just hoping there isn't a jobsworth at the other end who says "sod him" and goes for the prosecution   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

North Wales is Brunstrom land (http://www.safespeed.org.uk/brunstrom.html & http://www.abd.org.uk/brunstrom.htm), _the_ man when it comes to speeding prosecutions.

I'd hazard a guess that it'll be points and penalty, but for your sake, I hope not.  If you'd really like to fight it, try http://www.pepipoo.com/, and for that 35 in a 30, I would.

heathstimpson

You were very lucky indeed matey   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: