cheap power gains????

Started by Anonymous, June 7, 2005, 10:30

Anonymous

is there any way that this  m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 19056&rd=1 m  can work? to me all it will do is make the car think it is drawing colder? air that is denser and add more fuel, which will make it run rich and destroy the cat. either that or it will do nothing

Or am i totally wrong and this 99p mod is excellent?  s:? :? s:?

Liz

This has come up before and I will quote Grant on what they do:

QuoteThese mods and several others like them come up all the time, what they do is this:

They alter the electrical resistance of the intake air temperature sensor, and in doing so, make the engine run rich. Supposedly this extra fuel is supposed to liberate extra power. It doesn't. The main reasons it doesnt are, to extract the extra power from the fuel you need to add extra air, and the ECU monitors its rich/lean status and adjusts it according to the measuerments it takes from the Oxygen sensors in your exhaust. So after a very short amount of time, the engine is running back to normal, apart from the light on your dash which the ECU flags up to indicate a fault, in this case a knackered intake air temperature sensor.

It's buyer beware on these types of auctions, all you'll get for your £15 is 2p's worth of resistor, you wont even get the solder thrown in...

Consider yourselves warned...  

I think if they worked none of us would of bothered paying out biggish money for a unichip, personally I think best avoided even at 99p!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

wont be bidding on that then  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Is this the same sort of thing -  m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33598 m  but in a pretty box?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

kanujunkie

Just get a Unichip and be done with it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

It's on my 'things to get that are more important than food' list! That little box must do something though. Anyone have any ideas???  s:? :? s:?

markiii

why must it?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Quote from: "Markyboy"It's on my 'things to get that are more important than food' list! That little box must do something though. Anyone have any ideas???  s:? :? s:?

That little box does nothing... The blurb is all very slick, but read it again having asked yourself the question "how does it work?"... The answer isnt there...

I could write a whole essay on why what the seller says is patently wrong, but frankly I cant be bothered... Just look at this one point as a for instance.

QuoteFuel/oxygen ratios in modern automobiles are regulated by an Electronic Control Unit(ECU).  Factory ECUs are set to maintain a 14.7:1 Fuel/Oxygen ratio, this is known as a stoichiometric fuel mix.  This mix is a balance between power and fuel economy, which is what most automobile buyers are happy with.

Quite... In fact most automobile buyers would know a stoichiometric ratio from a wheelbrace. The reason that the ratio is set to this apparantly arbritary number is because thats the best mix of fuel and air to allow the catalytic convertor to work at its most efficient... Its got bugger all to do with a power v.s economy trade off...

I could go on, but I'd be here all day.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Markyboy"Is this the same sort of thing but in a pretty box?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Wow. All those gains and just from a positive and negative connection.

I'm going to hold off this time until they release the next version which will physically increase the size of the engine and turn it into a V12....and still you won't need to do any soldering, just plug in the black box and see instant results.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "Markyboy"Is this the same sort of thing but in a pretty box?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Wow. All those gains and just from a positive and negative connection.

I'm going to hold off this time until they release the next version which will physically increase the size of the engine and turn it into a V12....and still you won't need to do any soldering, just plug in the black box and see instant results.

Followed a standard clio into work this morning we a really loud exhaust and the most stupid rear skirt.

So obviously, consulting the book of rice - stick a big exhause and stupid skirt on the car and it instanly goes faster   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "cstevens"So obviously, consulting the book of rice - stick a big exhause and stupid skirt on the car and it instanly goes faster   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Did it have a racing stripe down the side? As we all know putting a stripe down the sides of your car dramatically alters the airflow and improves the aerodynamics of the car, subsequently reducing the drag co-eficient by a massive amount (0.35 on the Roadster). The result of this is more power, more performance, better braking effects and an increase in fuel economy. You also feel less "buffeting" with the top down.

The Ford GT makes use of this strip after discovering its huge benefits through racing. Ferrari offer the strip as a £2000 optional extra. You can get one for £49.99. The stripe is universal and all you need do is trim it to length. No soldering required.

Tags: