Where are all the MR2 turbos ?

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2005, 21:08

Anonymous

I'm looking at buying an MR2 Roadster Turbo if I can find one!  (Not interested in the old model...only the Roadster)

So firstly can anyone fill me in on the turbo kits available which are best etc, the sort of performance that can be expected and what it does to reliability and fuel economy.

And if anyone is willing to part with their completed car please can they email me directly at  e mailto:al_white@hotmail.co.uk">al_white@hotmail.co.uk e

I have cash waiting but it won't be waiting for long, if I don't find one soon then it's another car or the DIY route....

Cheers guys,

Al.

Anonymous

The search button will reveal many of your options...and I guess the buying section will show those that are for sale....dont think there are any turbo'ed ones though.

kanujunkie

unless Adam(Jap GT300) can import one
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

w www.hasspower.com/mr2.htm w

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7297 m

No contest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

As long as you not in a rush   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

MR-S Turbo

I cant see many turbo'd roadsters been for sale in this country because they are so lovable.  I wouldnt get rid of mine in a hurry.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Tem

You should move to US, someone seems to be selling turboed one there all the time  s:? :? s:?

Just buy a good one and fit a kit of your choice yourself. You'll get exactly what you want and have fun doing it  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Slacey"www.hasspower.com/mr2.htm

No contest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

But you'll be old & grey by the time it arrives..   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Having seen BenF's dyno plots with the PE kit, I'd say that's a nice alternative, too.. (I think it was Ben's I saw anyway.. over on IMOC)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Rogue

NVI Cars have a PE equipped car in stock:

http://www.nvicars.co.uk/stock/StockList.htm

Rogue

spit

Don't forget the C2 Power kit currently being coaxed into Spynish's car by the Hungarians.

Watch the install unfold at http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7568&sid=42cee098ff5c1d337ce997f9f213453f
& keep an eye on http://www.c2power.com

Hass might be the benchmark to beat, but you could be N/A for a while before it arrives!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Also, re. the turbo'ed MR-S option, I believe that Adam has had occasional grief getting modified imports SVA'd. Check on Insurance too.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

plus theres the top secret kit  and Apexi,
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Stu's right, I forgot about those and others.... too much sun over the weekend! Sun? in Manchester? in July? Who'd've thought it.

Here's a useful link - a pretty definitive list of turbo options, only slightly out of date:

http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/chargerpage.html

Tame TTE kit is among them - supposedly a warranty-friendly option..... and word of supercharger developments too.

Ste

kanujunkie

and dont forget Hung has the Top Secret kit for at the moment in the for sale section
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

...not for sale, but have you seen what MWR are up to? http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mwrmr2_s.html
Change of trousers required!!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "spit"...not for sale, but have you seen what MWR are up to? http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mwrmr2_s.html
Change of trousers required!!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

thats hideous, good god what were they thinking of, gotta puke now
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"thats hideous, good god what were they thinking of, gotta puke now

You think? I like that.. I like it a lot!

And I bet that Tial external wastegate will sound phenominal - must be a stupidly short exhaust, too, considering where it comes out of the back..

*rubs legs*

I want one!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Slacey

I suppose what you have to remember with the MWR car is that it is built for pure power, looks are definately a secondary thing.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"I suppose what you have to remember with the MWR car is that it is built for pure power, looks are definately a secondary thing.

thats for sure, and i know the old phrase "form follows function" but just poking pipes out of the back of the car like that, well i'm not sure for one  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Trully, trully horrific............ripped straight from the pages of Max Power...........

Bet it goes like bloody stink though! Still, you can get away quick enough for people not to realise what such a hidious car you are driving around in...........

aaronjb

Quote from: "John Woodward"Trully, trully horrific............ripped straight from the pages of Max Power...........

See.. I'm not sure you can really say that - since every bit of that car is there for a reason.. Which, lets face it, isn't the case with most Max Power cars.

Even the diffuser at the back - look at where it's positioned, and it's there to draw air up from under the car and through the intercooler..

Roll cage - well, I'd want one in a 900Kg car with 500rwhp!  s;) ;) s;)

Gauges - essential when you have an engine that highly tuned..

Exhausts - well.. the IC was there, so where else would they go  s;) ;) s;)

See..  s:D :D s:D

I will make you all realise how cool that car is if it's the lat thing I do..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

i agree with your reasoning Aaron, but i still don't like it. Sometimes i think form needs to be a factor in function and IMHO that doesn't have it. I do though like the idea of having the BOV almost hanging out of the back so to speak
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Considering the power they're wringing out of this (& more to come   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ), form has taken a back seat to function. Unfortunately, there is no back seat on the '2  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
That said, I think they've done a pretty decent job within the remit. Not for me, but I'd still love to borrow it for a day   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"I do though like the idea of having the BOV almost hanging out of the back so to speak

That's not the BOV, that's the wastegate (assuming you're talking about the small pipe on the right?).. Left pipe = exhaust gasses that pass through the turbo turbine, right pipe = exhaust gasses that bypass the turbine when the actuator opens the wastegate..

So, in all likelihood.. When it hits full boost, it's going to be loud   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

I know what you are saying Aaron. I can't argue with your reasoning. I just can't stand the look of a car like that.

I like the velvet glove approach myself..............  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   Subtle, but kicks you like a mule...............  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

philster_d

you mean, something like this ?

s:) :) s:) :):)

/Philly.

Tags: