Does yours pop?

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2005, 11:23

Anonymous

My TTE (with intact pre-cats) has begun to pop, i love it but is it normal?

I know its just un-burnt fuel in the exhaust but i thought the pre-cats stopped it?

Dealer mentioned it the other day as abnormal!

markiii

but are yoru pre-cats still there?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"but are yoru pre-cats still there?

*fingers in ears* la la la la I can't hear you! *fingers in ears*  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mine does the same James - however, I must admit, that every time I hear it (and yes, it does sound nice  s;) ;) s;) ) I do wonder if my pre cats are still in there or not..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

LMAO - *mimicks aaron*

I've not removed them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Mine pop but after gutting!

Hope4Sun

Pops like mad if you get the changes right (the girl friend keeps asking me if shes doing something wrong when she drives it) and the old 2 with the Postert system did the same (figures as there both the same system with different exit pipes   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

So nothing wrong with yours   s:) :) s:)  

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Mine pops and as far as i know i haven't  gutted the pre cats, but if it pops even more once they have been gutted i have a task ahead!!!

Slacey

To say mine pops now would be an understatement - I can get it to sound like the surrounding neighborhood is under fire from the US army!
I had the exhaust apart a few days ago and checked the main cat while I was at it as I was afraid I had been blowing large holes in it, but it was fine  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"To say mine pops now would be an understatement - I can get it to sound like the surrounding neighborhood is under fire from the US army!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  It's quite efficient in keeping the grannys from crossing the road  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

QuoteI had the exhaust apart a few days ago and checked the main cat while I was at it as I was afraid I had been blowing large holes in it, but it was fine  s:) :) s:)

So you still have the stock cat or some Hass cat? Metal cats can take pretty much any abuse you can make...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Could you tell me where you guys bought your TTE exhasts???

I don't want one..... I NEED ONE

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "rainmen23"Could you tell me where you guys bought your TTE exhasts???

Your local Toyota dealer.. Though they don't list them as "TTE" anymore, you just want the "Toyota twin exit exhaust" or somesuch words, it's a standard optional extra.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"So you still have the stock cat or some Hass cat? Metal cats can take pretty much any abuse you can make...
I have the race cat that Hass supply, it's very small and made by a company called Catco - I believe it is a metal matrix too.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I'm a bit losted here

What is
Quotecompany called Catco - I believe it is a metal matrix too.

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "rainmen23"Could you tell me where you guys bought your TTE exhasts???

Your local Toyota dealer.. Though they don't list them as "TTE" anymore, you just want the "Toyota twin exit exhaust" or somesuch words, it's a standard optional extra.

If you are happy to go away from Toyota, I recommend the H&S - well I would, wouldn't I   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  IMO sounds a lot nicer.

Last time fitted one-off price was £400 + VAT, but getting 5 at once (if you want to run a GB) reduced the price to £350 + VAT. You will have to phone, but details on their web-site:

w www.haywardandscott.co.uk w
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Jap GT300

Quote from: "rainmen23"I'm a bit losted here

What is
Quotecompany called Catco - I believe it is a metal matrix too.

The cat supplied with Sean's turbo kit is made by Catco.  The actual cat membraine is made of metal unlike the stock ceramic ones.

aaronjb

Quote from: "roger"If you are happy to go away from Toyota, I recommend the H&S - well I would, wouldn't I   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  IMO sounds a lot nicer.

s:razz: :razz: s:razz:

Or, if you want a cheap TTE, someone has just put one up for sale in the for sale forum:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7613 m

LeeUK

My one pops and farts all the time, mostly when I'm trying to drive quietly down my street @ 2am after a night out   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I also get very very loud random bangs occasionally, makes the pedesrtians run for cover when that happens   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "LeeUK"My one pops and farts all the time, mostly when I'm trying to drive quietly down my street @ 2am after a night out   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I also get very very loud random bangs occasionally, makes the pedesrtians run for cover when that happens   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yep same here, gutting the cats just made it louder
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

This thread would not be complete if I didn't mention my popping noises!! Fan- bloody - tastic!  s8) 8) s8)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"This thread would not be complete if I didn't mention my popping noises!! Fan- bloody - tastic!  s8) 8) s8)

beans again then Liz!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

The musical fruit  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

the more you eat themore you toot   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "aaronjb"

If you are happy to go away from Toyota, I recommend the H&S - well I would, wouldn't I   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  IMO sounds a lot nicer.

Last time fitted one-off price was £400 + VAT, but getting 5 at once (if you want to run a GB) reduced the price to £350 + VAT. You will have to phone, but details on their web-site:

w www.haywardandscott.co.uk w
Yes must agree; nicer and louder  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

gut your precats! they break down over time, egt ingested by the engine and cause serious damage to it.  often the dealers won't replace the engine under warranty.

youve been warned!

Tags: