How many miles do get on one full tank of Petrol

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2005, 11:55

Anonymous

How many miles has have you guys driven on one full tank of fuel.. I've got about 208 miles on one tank using the standard unleaded from Shell.... Also does anyone use the more expensive type of Petrol in their car? If you do how many miles do you on a full tank and do you notice any real differences from the standard unleaded??

Anonymous

I tend to get around 300 miles between fillups. That's using Tesco NUL, commuting to and from work 12 miles each way, with no major runs at the weekends. I think I normally put in somewhere between 35 and 40 litres when I fill her back up again, which is normally somewhere between the bottom line and 1/4 of a tank.

Anonymous

QuoteI tend to get around 300 miles between fillups.

Wow  Hanslow, i suppose you drive really slowly.... and don't have a heavy foot.  How anyone else???

Slacey

When I was N/A I got around 320 miles, now I am turbo it is at least equal if not better ('normal' driving and motoway as opposed to mental) and around 280~300 when on boost a lot with urban driving thrown in.
Strangely my car has always been really economical, Markiii's isn't anywhere near as efficient as mine when we did comparisons.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Bongo

I get around 300 miles from a tank and I drive it like I stole it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I was getting around 200, but then I reset the ECU and enjoyed both a more responsive, powerful and increased MPG.

I tend to use brand name normal unleaded (same price as the supermarkets at my usual stations).

Anonymous

Quote from: "rainmen23"Wow  Hanslow, i suppose you drive really slowly.... and don't have a heavy foot.  How anyone else???

s:P :P s:P  

See the other posts....it's not just me  s;) ;) s;)

Are you driving with both feet on the loud pedal?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

hand up 2 u Hanslow

Though bongo

how do I reset the ECU ???

aaronjb

Long motorway runs with the roof down, I get about 300 to a tank (that's cruising at about 90ish)..

Roof up or slower (50-60mph up the M1, say) I can get 330-350 to a tank..

Round town, a smidge under 300, I'd say.

Any large figure speeds are km/h, naturally. Cough.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Somebody look up the volume of the tank   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  and i can do some maths. Always fill up around the 1/4 mark or above.

Since the Unichip (pity I didn't do it before) I have been keeping accurate records, and my overall on Optimax is 32mpg. Has varied between 24 and 36.

Anybody got similar comparisons, don't know if thats good, bad or indifferent   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

I'm more interested in knowing how to reset the ECU on the car at the moment

aaronjb

Quote from: "roger"Anybody got similar comparisons, don't know if thats good, bad or indifferent   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

I worked mine out on a couple of long runs (Sheffield & back), and on the slower journeys it came out to about 36mpg, while on the quicker journey about 30mpg.

The tank is fairly small, IIRC..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I usually fill up at around 320miles, though I reckon it'd last another 20 or so.  Last time I worked out the mpg it was just over 37.

Anonymous

Quote from: "rainmen23"I'm more interested in knowing how to reset the ECU on the car at the moment

Disconnect battery for 20 minutes!

Anonymous

I race something from every set of lights and most of my driving is either crawling along in traffic or nailing it down dual carriage ways and I get 30-32mpg which I think is pretty good considering my poor driving.

When  I did Bruntingthorpe I started with just under 3/4 of a tank, drove from Birmingham to Bruntingthorpe(other side of Leicester) 90 mph with roof down, dids loads of laps with the engine screaming in every gear, drove home 90 mph with roof down and still had enough fuel for a couple of trips to work

Anonymous

it really can't be the simple can it

Quoterainmen23 wrote:

markiii

yes it can
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "rainmen23"it really can't be the simple can it

Quoterainmen23 wrote:

Yep. Careful though, you will loose all your radio setting as well.

If you have a unichip you just have to flick a switch!
As to milage I tend to bounce around the 280 mark (filling up when just above the redline) although for some reason, on a trip back from sommerset on the bankholiday weekend I managed 345 before filling up. Needle was on the red when I noticed it as I joined the motorway to work. I think the last few miles were done by my sweat alone!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Simon

Anonymous

Does resetting the ECU affect the immobiliser at all?

do you have to mess about with putting codes in and stuff, or does it just 'work' when you press lock/unlock on the key?

Anonymous

Ok call me thick if you like.

though let me tell you my situation.. The only thing I've changed on my car is the wheels... (17" if your asking with 205/40/17 in the front and 215/40/17 in the back) and put petrol in the car and drive it.

Can u guys tell me whats a Unichip?? and does my car have an ECU??

SimonC_Here

Works fine with mine. (a 2000 uk car)

While you have the battery off, you can clean the MAF as well.

Search for Cleaning and MAF should get you the info on how too.

Simon

Anonymous

http://www.spydermagazine.com/2002/March/maf_clean/maf_clean.htm

Thanks for that

I'll give it a tiry tonight and I'll be topping u the car with the good old "go go juice"

roger

Quote from: "rainmen23"Ok call me thick if you like.

Can u guys tell me whats a Unichip?? and does my car have an ECU??

Don't worry, we all start somewhere. The Search button is good if you become stuck on anything.

A Unichip is a programmable chip made by Dastek that "fits" alongside the ECU - provides more power etc.

The ECU is behind the bulkhead, in the passenger cubbie hole behind the seat.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "rainmen23"... and does my car have an ECU??

ECU (electronic control unit? possibly   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )  takes info from the sensors (like the MAF) and decides how the engine is running and wether to change stuff to make it run better.

Wow technical aren't I. I am sure somone else can come up with a better explanation than me.

Simon

Tem

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"ECU (electronic control unit? possibly   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Generally ECU means just that, but often the engine ecu is also short for engine control unit.

Quotetakes info from the sensors (like the MAF) and decides how the engine is running and wether to change stuff to make it run better.

While that's completely true, I think a simple description would be that it just controls the engine  s;) ;) s;)  Opening injectors, firing spark plugs and stuff  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

Never measured the range on the tank, or the mpg. And more to the point, couldn't care less. Thats not why I bought the car.  

I use Super Unleaded exclusivley, change the air filter and clean the MAF every 5000 miles, and never have the tank above half full unless going on a long journey, as I'd rather save the weight.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: