How many miles do get on one full tank of Petrol

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2005, 11:55

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Tem"Opening injectors, firing spark plugs and stuff  s8) 8) s8)

See stuff.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

hornseye

I think the petrol tank capacity is 48 litres (just under 11 imp gallons).

I was quite pleased when I managed 160 miles on 20 litres (the fuel guage was read half full) on my recent trip down thro' France..(autoroutes at about 80-85mph). In total 1750 miles was roughly 230 litres, about 34mpg. That included a fairly lame (but fun  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) night time Ronin moment thro' the tunnels south of Charles De Gaule airport...(want to see/hear the video?)

Ed
MY04 MR2 Roadster - Silver - 6MT - TTE Exhaust & Springs.
S3/PD130

Anonymous

Running map B all the time my last fill up was 35 litres at exactly 300 miles, the conversion makes it 7.7 gallons which converts to 38.9 mpg  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  (No! I don't drive like a granny!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

I've only been checking out of curiosity, since I fitted the chip it usually returns 34 mpg but I recently took the it out for the last service before it runs out of warranty, that figure is since re-fitting the chip and letting it settle in.

As far as running on map A at Bruntingthorpe goes, I really wish I had filled up at lunch time because it certainly driks at a healthy rate.  When I left the site my fuel light was on and got lost looking for the filling station and ended up back at the airfield  s:? :? s:?   I eventually found one after about 35 miles!!   s:P :P s:P

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Les"Running map B all the time my last fill up was 35 litres at exactly 300 miles, the conversion makes it 7.7 gallons which converts to 38.9 mpg  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  (No! I don't drive like a granny!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

I've only been checking out of curiosity, since I fitted the chip it usually returns 34 mpg but I recently took the it out for the last service before it runs out of warranty, that figure is since re-fitting the chip and letting it settle in.
 s:P :P s:P
I get lower than that with the chip and do long runs down the motorway; average 30mpg but I do boot it a lot once warmed up of course  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

LeeUK

I get about 280 from a tank of fuel.

If you want to reset the ECU without loosing the radio settings just pull the ECU fuse out for 20 mins   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Lee where is the fuse???

Anonymous

Quote from: "rainmen23"Lee where is the fuse???

great minds think alike!!!    s8) 8) s8)       s:D :D s:D        s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

in the interests of science  s:?: :?: s:?:   (and this thread) i worked out my mpg heres what i got;

Motorway (steady 75-80ish mph) 37.5mpg

Town 27mpg

'enjoying' my favorite roads..... wait for it 18mpg  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

My engine is completely standard by the way

kanujunkie

easiest way is to just disconnect the battery for 20mins
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"

I think they are after this:

Quote from: "LeeUK"If you want to reset the ECU without loosing the radio settings just pull the ECU fuse out for 20 mins   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Tem"

Quote from: "LeeUK"If you want to reset the ECU without loosing the radio settings just pull the ECU fuse out for 20 mins   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Yes, but at the end of the day its just as easy putting the radio settings back as with hunting the correct fuses out. If my memory serves me right you have to pull two fuses not one.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Tem"

Yes, but at the end of the day its just as easy putting the radio settings back as with hunting the correct fuses out. If my memory serves me right you have to pull two fuses not one.

yeah you're right Heath, but i'll be buggered if i can remember where they are
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Yes, but at the end of the day its just as easy putting the radio settings back

Depends from the radio  s;) ;) s;)

I used to have a radio with tons of features, like automated volume control, which required you to teach the radio where you idle, what revs you consider low and which high...not to mention setting all the filters, outputs, inputs and whatever.
(and I never even used the radio)

Don't remember where the fuses are, but IIRC they are marked on the inside cover of the boxes.

Bongo

There are 3 fuses labelled ECU in the fuse box in the engine bay and by the passenger door. I pulled them all for 24hours and the ECU didn't reset though.

Jap GT300

Since getting my car tuned last week I have got 168 miles to one tank  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Dastek is set to it's richest point because of my intake setup   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

proeliator2001

Just got back from a trip to the Lake District.  The wife and I shared some of the driving on the way up and, over mostly motorway and A road, including some pootling round the lakes (total 280 miles) it averaged, wait for it..........

40 mpg   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I thought the fuel gauge had broken as it wasn't far below half with 280 miles on the trip counter lol.  Thats a potential range of 400 miles!!!!  Haven't filled up yet after the return trip (which was done a lot faster with a lot more stationary motorway traffic - how DO people crash on a straight road   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ) but it looks like it's done about 35.  

Almost makes 87 pence a litre seem bearable.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Almost makes 87 pence a litre seem bearable

but i bet its a lot lest bearable on the twisties when having a bit of fun  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

The fuel gauge isn't linear, so you shouldn't calculate mpg when you're somewhere in the middle  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

As I work for HM Customs I work all over the country, and Since I bought my 2 In October 2003 I have done 34,500!

I keep a record of of my milage and fuel recipts and I have averaged 41MPG. The most i have ever travelled on one tank is 385miles.

Mark

proeliator2001

Having now filled up again, it actually averaged 39.7 mpg over 600 miles - bloody amazing imo.

Re the comment above, it is indeed easier to bear 87 pence a litre when nailing it through the twisties but it would still be nice if we weren't taxed quite so highly on fuel.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "proeliator2001"but it would still be nice if we weren't taxed quite so highly on fuel.

and that is a totally different subject and one that i'm sure we all agree on. It's time as well that the Goverment addressed it properly instead of continueing to penalise the small guy/girl for owning a vehicle, unfortunatley with the continueing climate issues i personally beleive that the Goverment will use it as an excuse to bend us over the bonnett and take us from behind!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Just got back from Portsmouth (the IFOS event)

285 miles 4 hours 35 litres = 37.5 MPG   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

proeliator2001

Quote from: "Les"285 miles 4 hours 35 litres = 37.5 MPG   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Only 37.5?  Where was the fire, Mr Senna?    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

i managed to get through 43litres for 125miles the other day, guess this has to be as cr*p as it gets  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

thats 13.2mpg   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: