How many miles do get on one full tank of Petrol

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2005, 11:55

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"thats 13.2mpg   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:( :( s:(

Now that's the first mpg that actually belongs to PERFORMANCE area  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tem

Quote from: "Bongo"There are 3 fuses labelled ECU in the fuse box in the engine bay and by the passenger door. I pulled them all for 24hours and the ECU didn't reset though.

How do you know when the ECU resets anyway?
(not just you, but in general)

I've had the battery off for several months twice and it didn't seem like the ECU reset itself. It started just fine and felt just like it used to, as far as I can remember. Same goes for shorter battery removals, I can't see any difference to what it was like before the assumed reset.

But I've had this happen twice now. In both cases the stock ECU has been off car for a year or so, several months anyway, while I've had the PFC in the car. When I put the stock ECU in the car, it pretty much refused to drive during the first 10 mins or so and wouldn't rev past 3000rpm even when floored. Instead it did what I can only imagine of being learning the idle. Bouncing between 500-2000rpm, sometimes slower, sometimes faster. And going VERY low on the revs, lower than it ever does during normal behaviour, even when it's going down enough to make the car vibrate and feel like the engine would stall.

Real reset perhaps?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Bongo

I had a CEL (caused by user error), pulling the fuses didn't clear it, pulling the battery did.

The butt dyno noticed better performance after this and MPG improved aswell. Previous attempts with fuses led to no such gain.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"thats 13.2mpg   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:( :( s:(

Now that's the first mpg that actually belongs to PERFORMANCE area  s;) ;) s;)

bingo, trackday mpg  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I do a lot of miles so have to watch my fuel bill (one of the main reasons for buying the 2 - good fun and good mpg). I live in the country so don't do any town or motorway miles:

most litres at fillup was: 387
highest mpg was: 39.9
lowest mpg: 34
average mpg over 10k miles: 36.88

Altogether, I am very happy with the result.

James

Anonymous

Quote from: "jamesn"most litres at fillup was: 387
James

how much! is your car attached to a petrol tanker?  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

i guess that should read most miles?

Slacey

38.7 would be my guess  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I`m currently on 369 miles on one tank of petrol, the fuel warning light came on 4 miles from my home last night, should really fill up   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

The last few months I`ve been using a 97 octane petrol, dunno if it is me or not but it does seem to go that little further. Before anyone says it... I don`t drive granny style, I do have my red line moments round the country roads   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   Fuel economy probably wasn`t on my mind when buying the 2, just an added bonus in my eyes, better than any car I`ve owned before.

Anonymous

Yes, 387 miles   s8) 8) s8)  

I suppose that at 40mpg the '2 should be easily able to pass the 400 mile mark on a tank.

I do have a habit of running the tank dry though. I ran out of petrol completely a few weeks ago at the 360 mile mark.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

James

Anonymous

i've met so many people quoting various figures for mileage that were heaps higher than mine till i realised they'd top up at the yellow light and add some random figure to the miles done. i always thought there was somehting wrong with my car...

with a PE turbo and a usually heavy foot i do around 200 miles till the point the yellow light comes on, but on hughway drives that rises to 250 miles. bear in mind i have lead weighted feet   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: