fuel for MR-S?

Started by Anonymous, July 7, 2005, 11:58

Anonymous

HI all,

Just bought an MR-S, it gets delivered on sunday.

As its a JDM car just wondered if it needs to run on higher octane fuel. I previously owned an STI impreza and had to run that on optimax and octane booster.

Normal uk unleaded ok? or should i go for optimax? Just wondering if the ECU maps are different and if i`ll get detonation on lower octane fuel.

maybe im paranoid, just thought id check for piece of mind.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "sethgecko"Normal uk unleaded ok? or should i go for optimax? Just wondering if the ECU maps are different and if i`ll get detonation on lower octane fuel.

Ran my Mrs on ordinary fuel for 3 years, no problem but now I have got the Unichip fitted, I use Optimax but I cant say there is much difference
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

if you tune yer car you should tune it using the fuel you plan on using daily.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Ran my Mrs on ordinary fuel for 3 years
Ahem...

Anyway, I'm running the MR2 on Optimax since the day I bought it.  Not so much for performance gains but mostly because it's supposed to be cleaner.  A search for "Optimax" will return about 3 billion results...

Anonymous

The more expensive fuel isn't needed for the MR2 Mk3 or the MRS (if thats if you want to call it) The reason been is that the fuel and the engine will NOT burn fast enough for the performance that you want.  Even if you change your spark plugs.  Basic reason : the engine wasn't designed for it.

You could tell me I'm chatting Sh*t though it's the truth

Slacey

UNLESS you add a piggyback or PFC and remap for the higher octane.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

sethgecko, what year is your model?

Simon

Tags: