Remus twin exhaust

Started by Anonymous, July 26, 2005, 18:33

Anonymous

My new twin remus exhaust was delivered today and I set about fitting it. Was all relatively easy and painless apart from getting the stock one out. Its huge, had to take off metal bumper bar to remove the bloody thing. Fitting the Remus was easy. Sounds and looks great. Pics to follow.

Anonymous

how much was the exhast if you don't mind me asking please

kanujunkie

Quote from: "rainmen23"how much was the exhast if you don't mind me asking please

can't remember on the price, but you can just ask Mr.T for the price as its the same as the TTE dual, the TTE even has the remus logo stamped on it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Price was £392 including postage from elite motorsport. They had one in stock and sent it straight away.

Anonymous

Could you guys give me an address for the place or a web site?

markiii

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Am I right in saying that the very best types of exhausts are the ones which give a lovely rip when you press the accelerator, but when running at a constant speed don't have that nasty drone noise that can be really irritating.

What are the top 2 or 3 exhausts that fit this category if it does indeed exist?

kanujunkie

not quite sure what you mean Stew, but for me i preffer a good burbley noise, got to be H&S or TTE, H&S is slightly louder than TTE
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "samhain"Am I right in saying that the very best types of exhausts are the ones which give a lovely rip when you press the accelerator, but when running at a constant speed don't have that nasty drone noise that can be really irritating.

What are the top 2 or 3 exhausts that fit this category if it does indeed exist?

you are if thats what you want in an exhaust?

TTE and H&S ar both good exhausts, the TTE will sound less noticeable at cruise but will burble and growl when you give it some, teh H&S is better for power and better weight and IMHO better for sound. However in my experience is a little more noticeable at cruising speeds.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "samhain"Am I right in saying that the very best types of exhausts are the ones which give a lovely rip when you press the accelerator, but when running at a constant speed don't have that nasty drone noise that can be really irritating.

you are if thats what you want in an exhaust?

TTE and H&S ar both good exhausts, the TTE will sound less noticeable at cruise but will burble and growl when you give it some, the H&S is better for power and better weight and IMHO better for sound. However in my experience is a little more noticeable at cruising speeds.

I think for my own personal preference I would prefer to be in a position where I pull away from junctions or anywhere for that matter, floor it and get a lovely rip from the exhaust.

However on long journeys I don't want to be bothered by a loud exhaust note when the car is sitting at 60-70mph unless I decide to floor it that is so from what is explained above (thanks chaps   s:D :D s:D  ) then the TTE sounds like the one for me.

However, I am intrigued that you say the H&S is a little more noticable but outweighed by it's performance. There is always room for a bit of flexibility in ones decision making and if the H&S was not too intrusive whilst driving distances then it might be the one to try.

It must be one of the most difficult purchases to make since you buy blind.

markiii

you need to find a couple of people to take you for a run.

whereabouts are you?

Anonymous

I was having difficulty deciding between the TTE/Remus and the H & S, but i didn't want to wait 6 weeks for it to be made by H&S and I didn't want anything too loud. The Remus that I fitted the other day sounds really good. It has a nice deep bass note on tick over and sounds great on acceleration once its warmed up. On the motorway, you only really hear it when you put your foot down. Its just what i wanted. When I work out how to post pictures, I will put some on the website of the finished product and me fitting it.

Anonymous

Some Pics of my Remus, Here goes   s:? :? s:?  
 m http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... CN0663.jpg m
 m http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... CN0665.jpg m
 m http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... CN0670.jpg m
 m http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/ ... CN0674.jpg m

[MOD EDIT] Oversize pics changed to URL's - PM me if you need guidance on picture sizing etc... - GSB [/MOD EDIT]

Anonymous

Bloody hell, those pics are big! Will try and downsize them for future posts!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Bongo

Do you have the hardtop on?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Bongo"Do you have the hardtop on?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

he does, shame on him, what with it being such a beautiful summer and all  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Ok, caught red handed. I'm going on holiday for a week and would feel much happier leaving the car with the hard top on. I always play hell at other drivers for leaving theirs on. Shame on me  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Richard"Ok, caught red handed. I'm going on holiday for a week and would feel much happier leaving the car with the hard top on. I always play hell at other drivers for leaving theirs on. Shame on me  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

couldn't blame you either way, weathers been so crap recently, even last day of JAE was cancelled, roll on next summer
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Just noticed you won cleanest car, well done.  s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Richard"Just noticed you won cleanest car, well done.  s8) 8) s8)

cheers Richard  s:D :D s:D  , 2.5 days of solid cleaning and then it rained  s:( :( s:(  looks awful now, i even spent 3hrs with a polishing cloth on the block alone, even t-cutted and polished the engine bay itself! did look good though, totally worth the effort
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"you need to find a couple of people to take you for a run.

whereabouts are you?

The other side of Carlisle really, so just about as far as you can get sadly   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Looks very nice exhaust but obviously requires a bit of body work to get it on

Anonymous

No modifications to the body work required: I think he only took the rear off to make it easier to install.

Anonymous

yeah I've heard some people have had to take off their bumper to fix the exhast on.  Is this really true???

markiii

it makes it a hell of a lot easier ubnless you have a lift.

however, removing the bumper is easy

kanujunkie

Quote from: "rainmen23"yeah I've heard some people have had to take off their bumper to fix the exhast on.  Is this really true???

yep, and its a doddle, read this from the articles section, 10-15mins work

http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=16
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: