In cabin anti-roll bar

Started by Tem, July 29, 2005, 17:49

Tem

First of all, I have no idea what these are actually called  s:? :? s:?  But friend of mine just installed one in his MX-5 (Miata) and it made a pretty nice difference  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I'm only guessing here, but maybe our lil convertible would benefit from one as well...anyone know if these are available for us, as I haven't seen any? It wouldn't even have to go through/over the tunnel as we don't really have, but from between the shifter and "stereo stands" near the floor...

Explanation...it's a bar that pretty much looks like any anti-roll bar. But it installs inside the cabin, mounted in front of the seats and attached with the same bolts as the seat.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

aaronjb

You mean something like this, Tem?

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

If that's on the floor, then yes.  s8) 8) s8)  Except this one was on top of the carpets, not under, but basically same thing. And also one piece, that looks like it's made of two pieces that connect in the middle...adjustable?

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"If that's on the floor, then yes.  s8) 8) s8)  Except this one was on top of the carpets, not under, but basically same thing. And also one piece, that looks like it's made of two pieces that connect in the middle...adjustable?

I must admit, I have no idea  s:) :) s:)  I borrowed that pic off IMOC - it's Toni's new drift car (A Toyota somethingorother, with a Supra straight six and manual box shoehorned in, not to mention no interior, full cage, etc..).

I'd have just called that "chassis bracing" though, rather than an anti-roll bar (since an ARB is, in my book at least, connected to the suspension at either side)..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"I'd have just called that "chassis bracing" though, rather than an anti-roll bar (since an ARB is, in my book at least, connected to the suspension at either side)..

True...it just looks like ARB  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

So, where do we get one?  s8) 8) s8)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"So, where do we get one?  s8) 8) s8)

I have no clue..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I bet someone like H&S could make one up, though..

Whether you'd actually notice it, if you also had the member braces & corky's plate, though.. I'm not so sure..

Anonymous

Tem, I know what you are talking about. It's called a 2-point rear strut. I have seen many different struts (except undercarriage braces) that I have lost count!! Your friend's should be similar to this:-

It is called a 'rear' strut becase any horizontal tower strut that's BEHIND the front hood is considered as a rear strut. There are 3 types. 1-point, 2-point, 3-point. Steet-wise, it's better to go with 2-point. 1-point and 3-point (especially 3-point) are meant for the track.

I have a friend in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia that manufactures struts for a living. I'm actually thinking of getting a set of fender strut from him sometime in August. Good thing is it's taylor-made. From customising to finishing, it takes only a day!!

I will post a pic when I have mine done in August.

aaronjb

Quote from: "simontan75"

That's classic - brace for increased cornering speed. Cushion for... muffling your passenger's screams?  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"Cushion for... muffling your passenger's screams?  s;) ;) s;)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: