2 Questions - Headunit faceplate damage + DAB Antenna

Started by Chris, August 5, 2005, 20:36

Chris

Howdy all,

I've just bought meself a dab module to plug into my pioneer headunit, and while it looks like it will fit nicely under the passenger seat, it comes with a seperate bee-sting style arial that is supposed to be mounted to the rear of the roof.  Now obviously this spot is out of the question, so does anybody know if it will work with an extension of the standard jobbie or if dab units need a specific arial? It might even fit in place of the stock electric jobbie i suppose...

2nd problem is that the faceplate on my head unit has decided to pack up, well at least the lcd has.  I still get all the backlighting around the buttons etc and all the functions still work, i just can't see jack on the display.  Can't see/think of any damage that has happened, so anyone heard of this before?  Can these things be repaired?

cheers..   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

GSB

The faceplate will probabley require a warranty repair, but try removing all the radio fuses in the passenger side dash fuseboard first.

As for the antenna, Pioneer will probabley make a number of alternatives for the DAB but I dont think connecting to the stock antenna will work... If Pioneer cant help, then I know Blaupunkt make a DAB antenna that sticks on the inside of the windscreen, so that may be an avenue for you to explore if you have no luck otherwise. It may need five minutes with a soldering iron, but it should solve your installation problems.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Chris

just been googling and seen a few screen mounted arials, so i think that will be the way forward...

as for the headunit, then it's not in warranty as i bought it off ebay after some scrote had nicked my last one from my old xr2...  Hey ho, maybe a time to upgrade to anmp3 unit or something...

UPDATE: got the faceplate repaired, only cost £100   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: