pipercross induction kit?

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2005, 14:57

Anonymous

Hi guys and girls, does anyone know what the pipercross induction kit is like for the 2, there are some going on ebay and if any good may get one. cheers for any feed back

philster_d

No idea, saw teh add. Looks a bit cheap.

Sorry cant help more,
Phil

proeliator2001

I had a Piper X Viper for my CTR and it was an excellent CAI.  However they don't make an enclosed filter for the '2 and I can't see how an open cone filter in a fairly hot engine bay is going to do a whole lot for performance.  At best its going to be under 5hp I'd have thought and might even have a negative effect - anyone here had their RR'ed with/without an open cone filter?
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

edward.carter

havent tried on the 2 but did have one on my last car, liked it, did seem to pick up quicker but as others will tell you putting one in the 2's engine bay will only suck in hot air so may loose power, will sound good though

leon_in_uk

pipercross are ok..

there was a rating of all induction kits somewhere..

For power output k & N are the best........

then green stuff...

and others, like pipercross...

but i looked at that and may get myself..

they are more expensive on mr2 roadsters i guess as there needs to be more of an extension, but a fair price £70..
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

with an exhaust and t6he filter, about 4-5 bhp max, think filter about 1-2 bhp tops, and with the hot air around maybe less..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

spit

Theres been a lot of debate about gains to be made with just an intake change. My butt-dyno didn't notice a gain (with Apexi), and as leon, ed and proel say, I suspect this is because any gains in the design are offset by the heat of the air thats drawn in. Can't really call them CAIs in our little '2!

However, there is a gain in sweet noise  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: , and that might be worth £70 to you in itself. However, add this to a AEM Exhaust & de-pre-cat your manifold and everything can come together nicely in both sound and oomph.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

Apexi is more of a noise tuner  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Chris

but it's a good noise!!  I miss the sound from my apexi..   s:( :( s:(
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Green Twister here... sucking air from behind side vent (intake starts inside the fender).  Intake goes though the hole in the body where the stock intake starts out (stock intake completely removed).  That's as cold as it gets.  Pipercross routed to side vent would be longer and I think warmer.

philster_d

Who wants to go side by side up the motorwat to prove thier logic ?

quick before I upgrade tho...

Phil

Anonymous

Remember though folks, a Pipercross Viper is a totally enclosed intake, much like the PPE. The stock airbox doesn't look too badly designed anyway and that's maybe why intakes don't do a great deal.

The other one to consider if you do go that route is the ITG Maxogen - another totally enclosed indcution system.

proeliator2001

The viper is enclosed but the one refered to above isnt a viper.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"Who wants to go side by side up the motorwat to prove thier logic ?

quick before I upgrade tho...

Phil

i'll do the motorway bit with you

let me just go get the unichip fine tuned though  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

proeliator2001

I bet you wouldn't notice an extra 10 bhp in a motorway drag unless you let them go to terminal speed.  I've followed exactly the same cars on B road blasts except I was carrying a fair bit of extra weight than them (  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) and they had 10-15bhp more and there was naff all difference.

I honestly think you need 30+ bhp more to notice a reasonable difference and 50+ to think "wow, I'm really faster than them".

leon_in_uk

thinking about gettin 1 anyway. did you remove the plastic parts to the old airbox? and replace with metal piping? to get extra coldness or just use it with the plastic? also any problems etc.?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tags: