E-Ram Supercharger

Started by Anonymous, August 15, 2005, 18:10

Anonymous

I was looking for a NOS kit and found one of these E-ram superchargers. They seem ok though I dunno what it would do to my car though.  Any Ideas

http://www.akamoto.co.uk/default.asp

Slacey

C-R-A-P in short. Although I'm not a big fan of nitrous, at least it works  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

spit

As Sean says, it does work. (*edit. Nitrous, that is *)

Be careful with their claim that you can just go with bigger fuel injectors for more power though.....there are significant tuning and life expectancy limitations. eg if the NOS is set to pump in at too-low revs, engines don't like it one bit - Get a proper install and any firm worth their onions(?!) should set you up on the safe side of destruction......

In terms of what you can expect, Protech advised me that +50HP is a realistic target on the '2 for a properly-installed rig. More is possible, but so are the risks to your pride'n'joy.

Oh, and don't forget the Insurance implications.

If you go with this Ray, I wanna ride  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

If i'm reading his post right he says he was looking for NOS then found the e-ram supercharger, what do we think of them.

Anyway whichever you meant Sean's post still applies.

spit

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"If i'm reading his post right he says he was looking for NOS then found the e-ram supercharger, what do we think of them.
OOPS I think you're right..... its been a long day.....  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

MR-S Turbo

Use Nitrous instead.  Them electric fan thingys aint woth the money at all in fact I dont think they have even been proven.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Anonymous

Thanks everyone.  Yep I was asking about the E Supercharger. Though was look for NOS at the time.  Also I had been told about the extra 50hp power is the maximum for the size of the engine.

I'll look into it a bit further and wait until I get back from my Hol's to fully decide what to do. But another quick question. Does a turbo and nos go together. I know it sounds crazy but does it work? Considering I'm going to HK (Hong Kong) soon for my Hol's and I do speak the lingo, hence I ain't gonna get ripped off if I bought a turbo from there.  I'm gonna see what I can find there for my car. You'll never know what to expect from HK.

aaronjb

Quote from: "rainmen23"Does a turbo and nos go together. I know it sounds crazy but does it work?

Yes, with a but..  s:) :) s:)

NOS is good for cooling cylinder temperatures, but at the same time will be increasing cylinder pressures - so you can run NOS and a little less boost, say, to make good power (since the NOS is not only creating 'boost', but also cooling the intake charge).

However, since NOS is a) momentary and b) ridiculously expensive (I saw someone quote £10 a lb.. And if you can get through an 11lb bottle in a couple of drag days or a few weeks hard motoring..), people tend not to use it if they've gone turbo.

IMHO, unless you're running a huuuge blower that doesn't spool until 4-5000rpm (so, serious drag work) when you'd be running NOS as a spoolup aid, you don't need it on a road car.. Unless you do a lot of traffic light GPs.

You're better off going for a good air/air charge cooler or (arguably better, in our cars, at normal boost levels) a water/air charge cooler. Much of a muchness, for me I prefer water/air until you get to large power figures, where getting a decent size core is hard, and a setup like the C2 or Hass kit is easier.

air/air is cheaper, though - no pump, front rad, water system etc..

It all depends what you want from your car.

Dyno queen?
Drag queen?
Track car?
Road car?

s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: