DE CAT PIPE

Started by Anonymous, August 18, 2005, 12:41

Anonymous

AFTER LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR A DECAT PIPE,WITHOUT SUCCESS,I WENT TO HYPERSPORTS WHO USED MY CAR AS THE DONOR CAR AND FABRICATED ONE FOR ME...BEST THING I EVER DID, IT HAS GIVEN NOTICEABLE MID RANGE POWER INCREASE...HYPERSPORTS NOW HAVE THEM IN STOCK IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED..

kanujunkie

cheers W8ady,

got a number for them? price?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

mid range maybe, but you will loose bottom end torque.

I tried it.

and youi need to deal with teh CEL from teh 3rd 02 sensor
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

TELEPHONE 0845 225 0111 ASK FOR CHRIS..PRICE £150 + VAT RETAIL

kanujunkie

ouch, thats a bit for a bit of pipe  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Hi anyone help with this    s:( :( s:(  

I have a 2003 Import with a performance exhaust and no main Cat exhaust section. I have aquired a 2002 (I think) standard exhaust system and with all the concern over pre-cat failure wich to install this when I remove the pre-cats.

Were there any changes to the exhausts pre / post face lift models & do I need to wire in the 3rd consor in the main cat section. Obviously with the exhaust currently not having the main cat then the 2 manifold censors must be doing the business, will they still be sufficient after pre-cats removed ?

Is there a way to check if the main cat is still in good nick ?

Anonymous

Import as in euro or jap ?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"mid range maybe, but you will loose bottom end torque.

I tried it.
Was this with the PE Mark  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Heath, Mark has never had a PE. He tried it NA.

I've cut my cat out and welded a straight through pipe on my PE and it makes a lot of difference. Never tried it NA.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Heath, Mark has never had a PE. He tried it NA.

I've cut my cat out and welded a straight through pipe on my PE and it makes a lot of difference. Never tried it NA.
Sorry I meant PPE manifold  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

PPE has it' own decat pipe, but is a differently designed header to take advantage of it.

with teh stock header and H&S backbox, it cost me bottom end torque
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

My import is from Japan, rather unusual as it has all the face lift featurers but still has "Wind Up" windows ??

The performance exhaust fitted, I'm not sure of the make as the cars in UK & I'm not unfortunately, but is a sweet sounding noisy (^%%$).

Anonymous

Then your '2 hasn't got the third O2 sensor for the main cat, so no wiring needed.

Anonymous

Thanks Ian,

The cat section exhaust I bought has the censor so I guess I need only plug it off or leave unwired.

Cheers     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Looks like you've bought a cat off a UK car. The cat pipe i chopped up to weld a straight through pipe was off a UK car so i just welded the bung hole up. But you can plug it with a M18 bolt or an old O2 sensor if someone has a broken one to give away.

Jap GT300

BTW, You car is a base grade from Japan if it has the wind up windows.  It will also be missing another couple of features like alloy wheels and wind deflector, although these are often added back in.

Anonymous

Thanks Adam,

Wonder if I can seek a little more advice, I will certainly be removing the pre-cats when I return to UK, engine fortunately only on 11,000 miles so I'm hoping all is well at the moment.

I bought an exhaust including the main cat section (Circa 2001 I think)how can I check if the cat is OK and will going back to the original system with just the main cat get me through the MOT ?

Cheers

Tags: