For those turbo guys with IC

Started by spynish, August 23, 2005, 15:19

spynish

Hi!

Sure you may have seen this little device, I hadn't since today and it has surprised me... (look on the graphs!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ).

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?cat=2&id=723&prodID=LMmIjJjegFhdkGf

I think that with a water-alcohol combination the temperature will decrese even more than that 28 degrees Celsius (which is not bad either).

The main problem must be how long will it last and that you can't use the rear window washer pump, so you would need to make a custom setup, with a deposit also...

Do you like it?  s:D :D s:D

dreambackup

if you talk about it on Spyderchat, you'll have a lot of opinions. from what I've read already, a "lot" of them use waterspraying (most of them pre-Hass with PE turbos & likes).

I can imagine such a system can be useful for a daily driver in traffic and during sporty but not that fast drives...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Tem

So what's the price of that...?

I think you can use pretty much anything to spray on the outer surface of IC. Like the stock windshield wiper pump and nozzles (from any car, next to nothing used).
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spynish

Anonymous

The IC spray bar or frame is an age old method of helping with excessive air charge temps, however it should be noted its only any good with an InterCooler not a Charge Cooler

Usually used for short burst down the strip etc or one lap if on the track.

They are also usually used as well as an aquamist style direct inj system rather than in place of.  You'll find most of the big power jap cars will be running a simuilar set up.  the spray bars/frames can be had off e-bay and connected up to your existing aquamist pump

Tags: