Blitz Active Twin clutch pack

Started by kanujunkie, September 5, 2005, 20:01

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Tem"And about the Hass kit. Jay himself said on SC that a light flywheel is better than heavy with turbo  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Other way round - he advised us NOT to go with a lightened flywheel - we all bought one anyway!

You're right, it wasn't Jay who said that, just checked on SC...

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Tem"where you can get the heavy lightwheel spinning before the clock starts

did buzz lightyear just pop in your engine then Tem??

lightwheel???

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

(note to self: don't post when you're tired)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

The Haas crew swear by the Spec 3 clutch, which they usually install along with an LSD, since the affair is apart, as prerequisite to a turbo.

By all reports it feels even softer than stock and can hold > 300 hp.

markiii

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Ekona"If I had the choice, I wouldn't get a lightened flywheel if I was going turbo: It's jittery enough when pulling away in NA form (just ask Mark and Aaron as they watched me almost stall it three times when trying to reverse out of Mark's driveway!), and I doubt it'll get any better when I get the Hass kit installed...

Just a thought if you're ever planning on going down that route  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Mmm I don't know... when I drove Marks car at Elvington I just got straight in and drove it as I would my own (my clutch and fly aren't fitted yet) and had no problems what so ever - I did notice that the whole thing seemed a lot smoother than mine though.

the biggest issue I'm finding is those really nasty speedbumps (like in my road)

with teh ightened flywheel you need more revs to avoid stalling when incghing over them.

not such a problem N?A when your sued to it. but when Turboed, more revs tends to mean boost, which means now your flying over them so fast you ground the car.

so the cure is slip teh clutch more which makes for a very loud and conspicuous approach.

having friven mine with one, and bens without (just teh same clutch) I don't think I'd do it again if going Turbo.

if your staying N/a though it's a delight to drive.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MR-S Turbo

Get the flywheel as well it makes a huge difference and also make it easier to control the backend while drifting with power.  Only downside is that it makes a slightly lumpy tickover but I can live with that.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

philster_d

What is the price difference of with/without ?

Tags: