spare wheel

Started by Anonymous, September 8, 2005, 15:36

Anonymous

who runs without the spare wheel? does it make the front end lighter, does it effect turn in? .yes  i could try it myself!!! but i was after some advice from you experienced owners, if no spare what repair kit do you use

kanujunkie

no, yes and yes  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

does that help??? dont bother removing it though Mick, you will have some problems with understeer thru as you say makeing the front end lighter
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Darth Paul

Quote from: "kanujunkie"no, yes and yes  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

does that help??? dont bother removing it though Mick, you will have some problems with understeer thru as you say makeing the front end lighter

Gotta say I run without mine and I've never had a problem. If I were to take it on track I'd put it in, but for everyday driving it isn't a problem. I've got a coupla cans of Tyre Weld and a small compressor in there. And if I did have the spare in there then we wouldn't have had a bucket for the bouncy castle donations at JAE, eh Stu?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

On my mk2 this was always in the cupboard.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Only still in the car because Im too lazy to clear it out yet.

I also put my tools in the frunk instead of the boot as an alternative bit of weight.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Darth Paul"And if I did have the spare in there then we wouldn't have had a bucket for the bouncy castle donations at JAE, eh Stu?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Good point  s:D :D s:D  heres to buckets and bouncy castles  s:D :D s:D  

get rid of the tyre then, but mines staying firmly in place. mind you i do drive like i'm on the track all the time  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

In nearly 40 years of motoring I have only ever had to use a spare in anger (i.e. other than planned changes) once.

I am not going to tempt fate by taking it out now   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"mind you i do drive like i'm on the track all the time, especially when people are following me and I want to exit a dual carriageway  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

darrenjuggins

I vouch for Kanu - He does drive like hes on track all the time - A trip to Tesco's will never be the same after JAE ! Arse end out at ever opportunity if I remember rightly  :-) :-) :-)  

s8) 8) s8)  Hmmm remind me - it's always better when your holding a wheel rather than being the passenger !!!   s8) 8) s8)
Darren A. Juggins

kanujunkie

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

i'm just about to get puke bags fitted as standard  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Mick,

I've run without the spare for quite along time now and do find the car can understeer quite badly when pushed, especially in the rain. But that's the price I pay for having a reasonable storage space (now I've relocated the alarm).

As for a repair kit, I've got a tin of Halfrauds tyre weld and a motorcycle tyre repair kit (rubber bungs, adhesive and compressed air canisters). Just hope I don't need them!

Andy

edward.carter

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"I vouch for Kanu - He does drive like hes on track all the time - A trip to Tesco's will never be the same after JAE ! Arse end out at ever opportunity if I remember rightly  :-) :-) :-)  

s8) 8) s8)  Hmmm remind me - it's always better when your holding a wheel rather than being the passenger !!!   s8) 8) s8)

t'was a fun drive to tescos   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    how we all got of at theat junction in one piece i have no idea!!

Anonymous

the stuff "Halfrauds tyre weld and a motorcycle tyre repair kit " i've heard it makes a complete mess inside the tyre and is almost impossible to repair the hole in the tyre.

Tags: