Turbo?????????????????

Started by bridster, September 16, 2005, 01:46

bridster

Where's the best and cheapest place to buy a turbo kit?

I usually get my stuff from Japanparts.com who are awesome..

Oh and i was thinking of buying the Top secret turbo.. any ideas...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Need more money.. soooooooo much nice things for the mr2 to buy.

Tem

Quote from: "bridster"Where's the best and cheapest place to buy a turbo kit?

I usually get my stuff from Japanparts.com who are awesome..

Oh and i was thinking of buying the Top secret turbo.. any ideas...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Japanparts...or the used one that's for sale here.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

You really-really need to use the search for this one. The subject is so complex that it doesnt warrant a one word answer, and as its all been said before, you'll find people wont want to write it all again...

So run a search (the little button up there on the right), within the performance forum, type "turbo" and then sift through everything that looks like it'll help...

Thanks
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I know this may sound like a stupid question but how easy is it to fit a turbo. I've seen a few kits around but they charge twice as much to fit!!

Anonymous

If you need to ask, then you probably can't do it yourself. I'm a lot more confident at pulling apart my car than I was when I first got it, and yet I still wouldn't feel comfortable installing my turbo kit by myself.

Hence I'm getting a hand.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "rudds23"I know this may sound like a stupid question but how easy is it to fit a turbo. I've seen a few kits around but they charge twice as much to fit!!

piece of piss

Anonymous

Just spoke to my local jap tuner, they advised me the cheapest way would to do a custom kit. I'm gonna spend they next few days looking into it.

markiii

custom cheapest?

I doubt it.

Make sure to get a full list of all that is included so we can compare.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Cheapest IF you can weld, know someone at a fabricating plant and can afford an engine or 2 perfecting the set up.

Good luck though.

Anonymous

Though i do have this sat in my garage, my local fabricator says he can copy anything   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , but he hasn't seen it yet, i'll ask him for a price if you are interested in the custom route

Anonymous

i'm gonna get some prices before i decide about the custom kit but i'd be greatful if you could get a quote. got a few numbers which i'm gonna call tomorrow. I'll let you know how i get on and compare it to a proper kit

Tem

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"my local fabricator says he can copy anything   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

For a good price?  s8) 8) s8)

He doesn't happen to have the Top Secret manifold or measures of it? Or any idea where he could borrow one? I could use a copy, but shipping mine there and back sound expensive  s:? :? s:?

kanujunkie

you may want to try this if your getting the TS kit, Hung(Goldenboy)'s a reall nice bloke and prepared to answer any Q's you have so just try e-mailing him

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7721 m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Well he's a nice bloke and likes a challenge and normally does things for not much more than the cost of materials, so i'll ask him for a rough price.

I don't even know anyone in the UK with a TS kit, so i know he won't Tem.

MR-S Turbo

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Though i do have this sat in my garage, my local fabricator says he can copy anything   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , but he hasn't seen it yet, i'll ask him for a price if you are interested in the custom route

What turbo is that for Ian??
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Anonymous

It's a custom made manifold with a T3 flange so any turbo with that flange. It's the same style as a PE manifold but upside down so the turbo bolts up to it not ontop of it.

MR-S Turbo

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"It's a custom made manifold with a T3 flange so any turbo with that flange. It's the same style as a PE manifold but upside down so the turbo bolts up to it not ontop of it.

Might have to get me one of those.  This fabricator could put and style flange on I guess.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Anonymous

Oh yeh, any type flange could be welded on.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

yea if it's less than the Hass $350 it looks good to me. I'm going the custom route also. pretty much building a Hass kit for $1500 less. any news on the price?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"you may want to try this if your getting the TS kit, Hung(Goldenboy)'s a reall nice bloke and prepared to answer any Q's you have so just try e-mailing him

I was looking at buying his kit but he has now decided to keep it now so will be installing for the second time around  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"you may want to try this if your getting the TS kit, Hung(Goldenboy)'s a reall nice bloke and prepared to answer any Q's you have so just try e-mailing him

I was looking at buying his kit but he has now decided to keep it now so will be installing for the second time around  s:? :? s:?

Did you ask him about it...maybe it's still for sale if you ask nicely  s8) 8) s8)  I think he just got tired of the low balls...

Anonymous

Quote from: "mefarri"yea if it's less than the Hass $350 it looks good to me. I'm going the custom route also. pretty much building a Hass kit for $1500 less. any news on the price?

If your after a log manifold then you can get one for $149
 m http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html m

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"

Did you ask him about it...maybe it's still for sale if you ask nicely  s8) 8) s8)  I think he just got tired of the low balls...
I was in communications with him at asking price but he then decided to keep it last week  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Found someone who can make a custom manifold to fit any turbo but he's looking for £600. That sounds a bit steep to me. Might have to settle for a pre made kit! Does anyone have any opinions about the Apexi AX53B60 turbo kit?

Anonymous

Good kit aslong as you haven't got an SMT. The only 1 in the UK i helped with is now in Menorca.

Tags: