REVS

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2005, 11:09

Anonymous

do the toyotas have anything like the hondas like in my mates del sol he hits about 5000-6000 revs and the vtec kicks in .

do we have anything like this?

Anonymous

Quote from: "reddi"do the toyotas have anything like the hondas like in my mates del sol he hits about 5000-6000 revs and the vtec kicks in .

Kinda sorta.............

We have something called VVT-i........can't remember exactly what is stands for right now (cos I am currently trying to work out reaction times and conditions for DNA sequencing.......tricky.....), but it kicks in at just over 4000rpm and just makes the engine breath easier. There is no discernable "kick" like there is with V-Tech or proper variable valve timing, but it does help low down tractability but keeps top end power and economy. Do a search on VVT-i on here. There is plenty of stuff about it.........

Tem

Quote from: "reddi"do the toyotas have anything like the hondas like in my mates del sol he hits about 5000-6000 revs and the vtec kicks in .

Some of us do, it's called 2ZZ-GE  s8) 8) s8)

Quote from: "John Woodward"We have something called VVT-i........can't remember exactly what is stands for right now (cos I am currently trying to work out reaction times and conditions for DNA sequencing.......tricky.....), but it kicks in at just over 4000rpm

BZZZT, wrong answer. VVT is on all the time, from idle to rev limit. It doesn't kick in at any point. The small hump you feel and see in the torque curve is just the area where 1ZZ enjoys the best volumetric efficiency. VVT has nothing to do with it.

(VVT-i=Variable Valve Timing with intelligence)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

so we dont have thet push/kick like the v-tec does then

cheers

Anonymous

Only if you replace your original engine with the 2ZZ GE (the one out of the Celica or Corolla T sport. This has VVTI-L i.e has variable valve timing as normal but the "L" means it also has variable valve lift. It's this that gives the power kick. Basically, It's Toyota's version of the Honda VTEC. Although I would say probably not as good - no doubt I'll get flamed for this!

so.simple

Quote from: "RUSTY"Although I would say probably not as good - no doubt I'll
get flamed for this!
Now... Where did I put my flame-thrower?   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  
Carlos

Jap GT300

Quote from: "RUSTY"Although I would say probably not as good - no doubt I'll get flamed for this!

An MR2 with a 2ZZ is quicker than an S2000 in a straight line and on track!

Anonymous

But what about an MR2 with an S2000 engine though (hypothetically speaking)?

Tem

Quote from: "RUSTY"But what about an MR2 with an S2000 engine though (hypothetically speaking)?

It would be slower than a MR2 with Ferrari engine.
(there's always something faster)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MRMike

It's an interesting point as you see more and more S2000 engine's cropping up for sale.. there's one on ebay at the moment for around 5k IIRC including box and diff

Although I think the CTR engine would be the one to go for given it's transverse nature, as opposed to the S2000 longtitudinal

Lots of Elise owners are using the CTR, teg engines in their cars
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I don't think the "i" is very intelligent, by the way.   Could be wrong.

LeeUK

Quote from: "Beanie"I don't think the "i" is very intelligent, by the way.   Could be wrong.

The "I" is probably there to keep the environmentalists happy.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tags: