pre-cats

Started by Anonymous, October 1, 2005, 10:49

Anonymous

for those of you who only get as far as the footy page, or page 3  in the sun. the following artical appeared in todays daily telegraph "complaints of pre-cat in the exaust manifold breaking up and debris being sucked into the engine. -- "caused by excessive acceration-decelaration" when the engine is cold. this leads to a manifold vibration, then the cat matrix moves in its holding mat and breaks up. holding mat improved from oct 2001, vin 0043748, for older cars, new manifold available AND POSSIBILITY OF GOODWILL FROM TOYOTA TOWARDS THE COST. more on this at  w www.mr2roc.org w

Peter Wright

Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

kanujunkie

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  does this now mean Toyota have to take notice of what weve said for years
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie":shock:   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  does this now mean Toyota have to take notice of what weve said for years
No, I think it means we are going in circles:
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=78222#78222

Anonymous

my car goes into garage on wednesbury so im going to ask them about the new improved manifold and see if they willing to give me a deal

kanujunkie

went in to order a new softop for mine today and whilst there had a chat with a mechanic, the non bull***t variety, he said they do at least one a month, sometimes more  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

When I had the PS done there were two in Rayleigh Toyota with engine failures  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"went in to order a new softop for mine today
Have you sorted a new hood under warrenty Stu  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  yep!!, fabric only, mechanism stays as is, does me
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  yep!!, fabric only, mechanism stays as is, does me
Exactly what I had even though another cat has slid down scratching the rear glass again  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: