Corky's plate - more available

Started by jonytom, October 10, 2005, 15:45

jonytom

For those who haven't got one yet, Corky's given in to pressure and is starting off a new batch over on Spyderchat.

Get in quick if you want one!

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24138 m
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Anonymous

forgive my ignorance but what is it??  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

awesome

kanujunkie

Quote from: "iamkloot"forgive my ignorance but what is it??  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

its a plate that bolts to the bottom of the car and stiffens up the chassis, if you do a search on here then you'll find more on the subject, other than that click on the link for a picture
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

i've heard a bit about them. So is it something worth getting?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "rudds23"i've heard a bit about them. So is it something worth getting?
DEFINATELY; best mod against cost in my eyes. It's like having a hardtop on  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

edward.carter

got mine fitted, love it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    noticibly improves the handling and ANYONE can fit it its 6 bolts...

Anonymous

Got mine this morning, although I didn't buy in a group buy. Corky was kind enough to let me know he had one or two left over and said I could have one.

Does anyone know if I ask really really nicely that MrT will fit it for me? The car is going in for a service next Thursday and I don't really have the time or the tools to do it myself (moving house this week.........). I know its an easy-ish job and all that, but if someone can do it while they are already doing things on the car, then that would be a bonus......

So, anyone got MrT to fit thiers then?

roger

It really is so easy, especially once the car is up ona hoist, if you have good relations with your garage I am sure they would.

If you don't, or they won't, hang around to chat up the mechanic. It will be the easiest £10 he's ever earned   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

<edit>obviously have to change your tag now, John, is this the start of the slippery slope   s8) 8) s8)  </edit>
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

edward.carter

Its so simple honestly there are 6 bolts size 14 I think, drop the old one off and bolt the new one on, it really is that simple

jonytom

C'mon you guys, surely someone on here lives near John and would be willing to help him out with a 10 minute job.

It's easy enough to do if you've aready got a trolley jack, some stands and the right sized spanners/sockets etc. But can we really expect the 'anti-mod' to go out and buy all this for one job?

John - If you're willing to travel around 250 miles I'll do it for you!
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

edward.carter

well im about 140 miles away anyone better that...

roger

John,

get yourself to a karting event - might be a few helpful chaps there!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Cor blimey!!! All these offers!!! Thats so cool! Cheers guys!

The problem I have is that at the moment I am in the process of moving house and also there really isn't any provision, other than the road, to actually do any DIY work at my current house. There probably isn't likely to be at my new place either. Its not that I don't and can't do it myself. I probably could cos it does look very easy. But I don't really have the space or time right now. I wish I had........  s:( :( s:(  

But, yeah, you're right Roger, I did suprise myself about getting one. I was never into mods and still aren't really. But after all the good praise and the niggling thing with the scuttle shake (which is more obvious than people make out) that was in my head since I drove it off the forcourt (the test route was on some seriously smooth roads......), I have wondered if there was anything I could do about it. Now there is!! Hurrah!!

When's the next karting event then? Or should I just search........  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ahhhh......October 15th for Karting. No can do.............bugger........  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Was the first mod I got, and the difference is night and day.  If you only get one mod make sure it's this

Tem

Quote from: "John Woodward"But I don't really have the space or time right now.

It really doesn't require any space or time. If you don't like working on the road, do it in a parking hall while you go shopping.

You can do it with the car on the ground, unless you have very, very short hands. Just unbolt the old stuff and take them off. Then insert one bolt through the new plate and screw it in by hand, which pretty much holds it still. Then just do the rest and tighter them.

Might take up to 5 mins, if you really take your time  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Dev

I must say that you will be missing out if you don't get this plate.
This should have come from the factory and it is the missing link to the Spyder as it should be a requirement.

Those of you that don't know please get this plate before Corky gets fed up and stops making these permanently.

I have to say that it's the best welding job I have ever seen and this guy is talented.  If this is art then this thing is a Vincent van Gogh.   It does so much and is worth its weight in gold.  If you ever decide to sell it consider it an investment as you cannot place a price on talent.

Tem

Quote from: "Dev"Those of you that don't know please get this plate before Corky gets fed up and stops making these permanently.

I wouldn't worry about that. First there was only the Cusco plate. Then iMR2@SC started to make copies of it and everyone jumped on it, cause it was supposed to be the last chance. Then some other guys whose nick I already forgot started to make copies, I have one of those, again people jumping on it, cause it was supposed to be the last chance. Then iMR2 made another, supposedly better copy and again... Then Corky made a copy and again... Then he did a second run and again...

And all this time the Cusco plate has been available and it doesn't even cost more than the copies.

That said, it is a mod worth getting right now  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "John Woodward"But I don't really have the space or time right now.

It really doesn't require any space or time. If you don't like working on the road, do it in a parking hall while you go shopping.

You can do it with the car on the ground, unless you have very, very short hands. Just unbolt the old stuff and take them off. Then insert one bolt through the new plate and screw it in by hand, which pretty much holds it still. Then just do the rest and tighter them.

Might take up to 5 mins, if you really take your time  s8) 8) s8)

Hmmmmm.......Ok then. After footy on Sunday, I might have a go, weather permitting. Like I said, I am not verse to having a go and I am relatively mechanically minded (my Dad is a retired mechanic. Healthwise, he can't do it anymore.......), so I have an idea whats going on.

Will keep you all posted. I would like it on as soon as possible though, so might have to have a look...........  s:D :D s:D

edward.carter

Thats the spirit !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Is there anyone over here who sells them? Or do they have to be imported from US

jonytom

The only way you'd get one over here would be if someone put their modifications up for sale before selling their car.

They are specially made by an enthusiast (Corky) over in the US. You can only get them as part of a GB (Group Buy) on the spyderchat website - hence the link at the top of this thread.

Johnny

Anonymous

Fitted mine and you were all right. Was a 10-15 mins job. Only problem I have had is that I broke one of the clips to go back into the plate, but other than that, was a doddle.

And WHAT a difference!!!! I actually have a stiff car now! The scuttle shake has all been eliminated, except over the really rough stuff, the turn in seems sharper and there are less rattles in the car itself! Why didn't I do this before?!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

This better not be a slippery slope! But what a difference!

Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys. I must take the courage to do things myself more often cos the benefits seems to be worth it big time!

ninjinski

Would this be any benefit on an 04 car which already has extra bracing fited by Toyota?
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Tags: