Fitting Toyota bodykit

Started by jonytom, October 15, 2005, 18:13

jonytom

I know quite a few of us have bought the Toyota kit recently. Tried fitting sideskirts today. Not easy, only managed one so far!

Picture below shows what I've had to do to get it to fit reasonably well. Bought quite a few clamps but none of them helped to be honest. Glad I kept my old tyres!

For those who are confused by the picture - I've got the tyres pressed up against the side of the car and then a load of books wedged in between these and the partition wall in my garage.

What you can't see is a whole load of books underneath the car as well so that the glue also sticks to the underside. Also screwed in at each end.

It's going to have to stay like that for around 12 hours, and then I'm going to have to fill the slight gap along the top in the middle with the Bodyline sealant (good things it's black!).

Anybody else done this job yet and found it easier than me?
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Tags: