lotus elise

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2005, 00:06

Anonymous

anyone any thoughts on fitting the new lotus elise toyota engine    i am thinking of putting an exige engine in along with the lotus tweaked ecu.  its currently running at 196 bhp but i,m sure some more horses could be squeezed out of it , after all the 340r beast from lotus is awesome

Anonymous

If you mean the 2ZZ-GE, yes, people have done that, but not with the Lotus ECU, which you really wouldn't want to do even if you could.  It is only a little better than a Celica GT-S ECU.  From what I can gather, Lotus started out with Toyota's source code and ported it to a different box and made some improvements.  I think they eliminated some of the valve overlap (changed the VVT-i) because CAMCON controllers (piggyback that takes over VVT-i and fuel) have not shown as much improvement as one would expect...  I read 3HP.  A Power FC is the better way to go and could give you 15-20HP... maybe more.  They are the not too expensive for a standalone and there's a wealth of knowledge out there.  Someone tried to make a Power FC work in an Elise and basically failed to integrate it.  The main problems, as I understand it, were getting the Elise ABS system to work and some "drivability" issues.  I don't know if they got the Power FC to work with the Elise's CANBUS, either.  The Lotus ECU uses a CANBUS interface to drive instruments and I'm not sure what else.  So forget about using the Lotus Elise ECU.

Europe gets the 240R, I hear.  There are some kits available http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16530&highlight=280RR Europe is very different than what we get in the US ("Fed Elise".. Federalize Elise).

markiii

can't be done with an SMT thiough.

do a search on 2zz swap there is loads on this
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Adam(Jap GT300), one of the club committee members has a 2ZZ engine in his 2, goes like stink  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Jap GT300

I wouldn't mind the Lotus Super charged version pushing 240hp though   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I've got the return line fuel system going in on Thursday and then I'll get it re-tuned.  I'm 'hoping' for 210hp.

kanujunkie

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  you're gonna have to give me a ride in this sometime Adam
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: