Guess what I might be getting :D

Started by edward.carter, October 25, 2005, 15:43

edward.carter

Well.... A friend of mine has got himself a job as a mechanic for aston martin (jammy *$%^) Apparently each DB9 has 2 K&N induction kits and at each service they throw them away FFS! (because got aston martin logo on too) well he is going to get me one and im pretty sure the diameter of this is larger than the intake on the 2. So what im asking is does anyone on here know of anywhere that does some flexi pipe type stuff that will taper down from DB9 size to MR2 size!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Samco - silicone hose that can be bought in just about any size & configuration  s;) ;) s;)

Heck, if you want something they don't already make, they'll make stuff for you especially.

If you have no joy with the usual places (Demon Tweeks et al) then let me know - I know a guy who has a good relationship with a silicone hose manufacturer.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spit

Quote from: "edward.carter"So what I'm asking is does anyone on here know of anywhere that does some flexi pipe type stuff that will taper down from DB9 size to MR2 size!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SFS produce silicone "straight reducers" as part of their arsenal of hoses. Demontweeks stock them. Aint a cheap brand though and the level of step-down varies dependent on start/finish bores. (Top whack is £28 for a 114mm to 98mm coupler   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )

If you can't find the approriate size, and the step-down isn't excessive, remember that there is quite a bit of flex in straight silicone hose - double clamping each end can still give a decent seal, just won't look as good.

Let us know how you get on.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spit

You're always one step ahead of me Aaron  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: "aaronjb"I know a guy who has a good relationship with a silicone hose manufacturer.
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  the mind boggles   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

edward.carter

cheers guys I will try all that. Just gotta measure it up when i get it.  To be honest if all it is going to cost me is £28 for the pipe im quite happy with that just so i can say ive got an induction kit off a DB9   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)

spit

Quote from: "edward.carter"To be honest if all it is going to cost me is £28 for the pipe I'm quite happy with that just so i can say ive got an induction kit off a DB9   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)
.....or, for just another £100k, you can say you've got an induction kit on a DB9  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

edward.carter

Quote from: "spit".....or, for just another £100k, you can say you've got an induction kit on a DB9  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

If only   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

spit

By the way - here's your link for SFS - they do elbow reducers too
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SFSSR25-16

and big-up to Aaron - I hadn't seen the Samco reducers before, but here they are:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SAMSR16-13

edward.carter

cheers spit after i posted the question i had a look at  w www.samcosport.co.uk w  and found that they do them. As soon as i get it i will measure it up and try and get it fitted, and who knows might try and get him to get me some more   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

if i need extra length you think it would be ok to go from the reducer to another bit of hose of the correct diameter then into intake.  Should be ok shouldnt it as long as i get all the right sizes?

spit

Quote from: "edward.carter"if i need extra length you think it would be ok to go from the reducer to another bit of hose of the correct diameter then into intake.  Should be ok shouldnt it as long as i get all the right sizes?
Yes - for which you'll need a hose coupler to clamp the two ends together. Looking at the stock arrangement though, I doubt you'll need the extra length between filter & MAF - & the Samco reducers would be a better option as they have a little more length than SFS.

edward.carter

cheers, will see him at the weekend hopefully, hope he remembers   s:D :D s:D

Tags: