Anyone ALWAYS have spiders' webs in their wing mirrors?!

Started by Anonymous, October 28, 2005, 04:13

Anonymous

Hey guys. I have searched for this, but when the word is kinda what the car is called, it aint that productive!!

I always seem to have spiders living in my wing mirror spinning darn webs!!

I've washed her loadsa times, blasting behind the mirror, even took it to be valeted yesterday cos i'd kinda spilt food on the floor  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  so they washed it inside and out....few hours after coming back with her, bloody spider's back.

I can go on long motorway drives where surely the vacuum would suck that baby right out  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   but it's always still there!!

Does anyone else suffer in the same way i do?! I never kill the spidies but i think they show their appreciation of that fact by always coming back!

Anyone know if there's anything I can put on the mirror to put them off? Tiny but scary bird, perhaps?

Any help muchos appreciated.

Many thanks,

Markyboy

Slacey

Yep, my car is infested with them too (on the exterior). I've just learnt to live with it, because as you say, you can't seem to get rid of them!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Oh well.....maybe spiders are much cleverer than we've ever given them credit for.....and they get a kick ouf of driving round in/on/up a car with the same name!!

Should only be those spiders native to the countries that call the car a Spyder though.

Hmmm....interesting.....thanks for getting back to me. Always good to know you're not the only one in the boat!!

Cheers a lot,

Markyboy

fg

Same problem here, and he (no, i didnt name him) is a nasty looking one as well, if I was in a foreign country I might be worried!
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

t11 gup

I used to get one on my back number plate all the time!!!  Would wash it off and always come back!!! Sure they "home" or something!! So I killed it   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    .....didnt come back after that   s:D :D s:D  might have to start killing them Markyboy   s:( :( s:(
[size=75]Blue 2000, TTE lowering springs, TTE sports silencer, TTE rear grille, TTE rear spoiler,
Yellow J-spec front badge, Blue J-spec wheel caps, Black J-spec[/b] steering wheel badge, Dev\'s keyhole covers, clear repeaters
Anthracite refurbed stock alloys[/size]

Anonymous

I get loads. Always on the passenger wing mirror and also on the rear number plate. I never seem to spot the little blighter.

Always seem to get spiders in wing mirrors. Doesn't matter which car you have. Think all my cars have had the same problem.

Anonymous

pretty much every mornnig I clean away webs from the mirror, I've had it in pretty much every car i've had though

Anonymous

Yep, every car I have owned has had that problem (except my Mini's, as they had mirrors where there was no gap around the mirror. The housing for it was also the surround. Nowhere for the little blighters to hide see.........)

mrsmr2

No, but only because it's kept in the garage.

The other car has them every day.

We get lots and lots of spiders everywhere.  The village brook is 10 metres in front of our house which apparently creates an excess of spiders.

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

dimwit

Got them in the door mirrors and the side air vents..  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "dimwit"Got them in the door mirrors and the side air vents..  s:( :( s:(

Air vents   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . I wouldve thought the wind rushing through them when driving would easily get rid of the spiders. You must have some extra sticky ones.

karlus972

You guys drive too slow!!!!
I got none of'em!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Madinina Style!!

roger

Quote from: "mrsmr2"No, but only because it's kept in the garage.

The other car has them every day.

Jason

Funnily enough exactly the same. The outdoor cars get them, and they survive until wash day regardless of speed.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

When I lived in Macclesfield (15 miles south of Manchester) my car was covered in spider webs.  Believe it or not, I don't have this problem in Leatherhead (Surrey)!!!

To me, it kind of makes sense... Spiders are attracted to wet dark places...  Sounds a lot like Manchester, does it not  s:P :P s:P

aaronjb

Heh - I have one spider who regularly builds a web across the windscreen... on the inside!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dimwit

Quote from: "fraz"
Quote from: "dimwit"Got them in the door mirrors and the side air vents..  s:( :( s:(

Air vents   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . I wouldve thought the wind rushing through them when driving would easily get rid of the spiders. You must have some extra sticky ones.

You want to see the size of the spider!...  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

heathstimpson

I have suffered with the good old spiders for years now. Everytime I come out in the morning the mirrors are covered in webs  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

evileye_wrx

My Spider (the 8 legged, arachnid variety that is) likes to charge out and attack the bits of fag ash that I flick out of my window. It never seems to learn that the big grey lumps aren't nice juicy bluebottles. Pretty stupid really.... almost as stupid as smoking fags in the first place.

Remember kids... Just say no!

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

aaronjb

Quote from: "evileye_xc"My Spider (the 8 legged, arachnid variety that is) likes to charge out and attack the bits of fag ash that I flick out of my window. It never seems to learn that the big grey lumps aren't nice juicy bluebottles. Pretty stupid really.... almost as stupid as smoking fags in the first place.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I think you've given your spider a nicotine addiction!  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

spit

Quote from: "Emmanuel"When I lived in Macclesfield my car was covered in spider webs.
Macclesfield's mild/damp valley climate is why it was chosen for silk-weaving......maybe this favours spiders too  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Haven't had the problem in Manchester, but I do get snails climbing up and warming their feet on the boot lid  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  It does nothing for the car's image   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  (no MR-S car go jokes please  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Liz

Quote from: "aaronjb"s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I think you've given your spider a nicotine addiction!  s;) ;) s;)

Stick the spider to a nicotine patch, that'll stop the little bugger from building any more webs   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I like my little drivers mirror spider, he has built a little web tunnel which he lives in.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I've been getting spiders webs since I moved house, but I do park beside a big bush now which could be where they're coming from

Anonymous

Quotebut I do get snails climbing up and warming their feet on the boot lid  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  It does nothing for the car's image   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Fantastic mental image!  I bet the little buggers can hang on for quite a while.....  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

aaronjb

Quote from: "IHateJam"I've been getting spiders webs since I moved house, but I do park beside a big bush now which could be where they're coming from

Ditto to the big bush - I also end up with ants in the car in summer!

Couldn't leave the car there if I was petrified of creepy crawlies, that's for sure.

Tags: