Thor drive in n/a drive out turbo service

Started by steve b, January 10, 2006, 13:44

steve b

Any one done this? Its gone up £1K for the stage 3 kit fitted since i first saw it advertised  s:( :( s:(  bit gutting.  I think if they lost the emange and replaced it with power FC the stage 3 kit although inc mapping costing £4999 after vat etc would be ok.  277bhp would be quite entertaining?

Whats the general opinion on the maximum power the car remains driveable at?

Is a TRD diff a necessity for a lot more than stock power?
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

kanujunkie

havn't heard of anyone on here doing there drive in/out option but Thor do have a very good reputation. Sean(slacey) used them to set up his Hass install and i beleive was very pleased with the results. As for the TRD Diff, well, several people on here are running 225Bhp and whilst thats a bit off the 277Bhp, the stock diff should hold fine
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Sean's running his at 10psi (265bhp) daily now, so I think that it'd cope with 277bhp quote happily.

My car is with Thor this week, and they're sorting out all the little issues I've had with my turbo install, as well as mapping it for me. I trust them, otherwise I wouldn't have left my car in their hands.

If you think £5K for 277bhp is expensive, bear in mind the official TTE turbo kit costs that much and only puts out 180-something bhp. Sounds like a bargain now, doesn't it?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

.....and another Sean (Speedjunkie) was the donor for the Thor prototype, although I haven't seen a post from him about the outcome (anyone?)
Quote from: "steve b"277bhp would be quite entertaining?
Whats the general opinion on the maximum power the car remains driveable at?
On winter roads, I'd say 277 would be a slightly brown shade of entertaining  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Quote from: "Ekona"Sean's running his at 10psi (265bhp) daily now, so I think that it'd cope with 277bhp quote happily.
Must talk to him to find out how he stays on the road. I'm having way too many slither moments if the engine so much as sniffs a little bit of boost  s:? :? s:?

ps Let us know how you go on Dan - I need to get upgrade mapped soon...
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

He (Slacey) is running at 8psi atm, or at least he was Saturday. Might have been as he had a child in the car, or maybe he woke up on the wussy side of the bed.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'll keep you posted about the mapping, Ste.

Two's Company

Quote from: "spit"Must talk to him to find out how he stays on the road. I'm having way too many slither moments if the engine so much as sniffs a little bit of boost  s:? :? s:?

You need to get some bracing on there!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

I do run at 10psi at the moment as the temps are nice and cold, but the car is only used on clear dry days. I did knock it down to 8psi last Saturday though as Dan mentioned, as it was snowing on the way down to Thor in Kenilworth and by the time I got back to Telford there was an inch or more of snow on the roads!
As for keeping it on the road, a steady right foot is all that is really needed - the chassis bracing does help though.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

What is the difference between dropping the boost 2 lbs in bad weather and simply not pressing the accelerator pedal as hard?  I have read numerous posts of people raising or lowering boost levels for different occasions, and even two stage boost controlers, but have not seen anything specific about what this accomplishes.

LeeUK

Some people can't control their heavy foot.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Therefore the boost controller helps.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tem

I don't think any mortal can keep the boost at 8psi if it's set to 10psi  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Dropping it from 10 to 8psi has two effects: a) it slightly minimises the aftermath of the "crap I forgot the turbo was there" throttle moments and b) it makes you feel better as a placebo effect!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: