Microwave Alarm add on

Started by Anonymous, February 12, 2006, 15:59

Anonymous

Anyone fitted a microwave sensor to the fitted alarm in the roadster? any advice would be appreciated! Ie, is it possible, where is the alarm found etc - yes I am a novice!

Anonymous

welcome to the site!   s:D :D s:D  

is your '2 a jap import?

If it's a UK or EU car then I think it should already have a microwave sensor?!?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

not sure to be totally, honest, its an 01 though, but when the alarm is on, it wont go off if I jump in so I guess there isnt one fitted?

kanujunkie

if you remove the right hand cubby hole door and pull the carpet forward thats under it, theres a small black box on a UK spec car, this is the microwave sensor, it has a adjustment pot on the front of it.
But if you have an import then you wont have this.

easiest way to tell. Is the arm/disarm buttons on the key or a separate keyfob?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "hansolo"when the alarm is on, it wont go off if I jump in so I guess there isnt one fitted?

I guess that is rather conclusive! i'll get my coat!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"if you remove the right hand cubby hole door and pull the carpet forward thats under it, theres a small black box on a UK spec car, this is the microwave sensor, it has a adjustment pot on the front of it.

Thanks for reminding me, Stu  s;) ;) s;)  Must turn mine down a bit (finally figured out what seems to set it off - aircraft.. when the cloud layer is just above the height that they've reached over me on take-off, they set the car alarm off every single time..)

Quote from: "jamesr1"I guess that is rather conclusive! i'll get my coat!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Not necessarily, it could be there and just not working  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Sorry to resurrect this thread but where is this sensor
Quoteif you remove the right hand cubby hole door and pull the carpet forward thats under it, theres a small black box on a UK spec car, this is the microwave sensor, it has a adjustment pot on the front of it

kanujunkie

Quote from: "kj"Sorry to resurrect this thread but where is this sensor
Quote from: "kanujunkie"if you remove the right hand cubby hole door and pull the carpet forward thats under it, theres a small black box on a UK spec car, this is the microwave sensor, it has a adjustment pot on the front of it

where i've said it is!!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"if you remove the right hand cubby hole door ...

Is that the RH side as you're looking at the car from the front or the RH side as you're sitting in it?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Do the Merkin spec ones get the microwave sensor? Is it on the same side or is it always fitted on the offside?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Moleshome"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"if you remove the right hand cubby hole door ...

Is that the RH side as you're looking at the car from the front or the RH side as you're sitting in it?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Do the Merkin spec ones get the microwave sensor? Is it on the same side or is it always fitted on the offside?

thats RH as in behind the drivers seat.

if you mean Jap spec by Merkin, then no they dont have them, its part of the TDSS system thats fitted in the UK
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Would there be a warning light if the microwave sensor was faulty?  I tried to get my alarm to go off with the roof down and it wouldn't (unless I tried opening the door from the inside).  Is it likely to be faulty, or do I need to change the sensitivity.  Or maybe more obviously, is it fitted to a 2000 W reg...UK spec.  Will have to check under the carpet for the box.

Tags: