Toad alarm problem

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2008, 16:35

Anonymous

Just picked up my 2 today and it has various immobilisers and alarm on it.

It has a Toad cat 1 AI606 fitted and i aint got a clue how to operate it.

The salesman knew less about it than me.  All i have is the emergency pin no.

My question is, how the hell does it work. Theres very little to be found when using google?

Sometimes im getting a very quiet series of 4 beeps when driving, then all of a sudden the alarm blasts.  I can stop it by pressing the left hand button once, then it blares again a few mins later.

Dunno how its stopped at the moment but i just pressed the buttons like crazy when i got home and now it seems to have settled.

So as i see it i have 2 options until i get some info.

1. Just use the Toyota alarm and locking

2. Chance it alarming every few mins.

Alarm going off when driving kind of kills the chilling and roof off experience a little   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Tell the garage you got it from to supply you with full instructions. Basically if the alarm is sounding whilst driving i am sure the boys in blue will take you to task over it, as it must be distracting.

TJK

I used to have a TOAD alarm, until it decided one evening, to go off of its own accord. No amount of button pressing would stop it, so in the end I had to cut the power supply! Had to have a new alarm fitted.
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

Anonymous

The garage have said they will post an instruction book out, result.

cheers lads.

Tags: