UDSub Jr. busted need help w/options

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2008, 20:17

Anonymous

Ok so my UDSub Jr that is 4 years old finally gave way.  It makes a weird noise a some frequencies, I want to change it out and use the same box but the JL 6w0 is now discontinued.  It was replaced by the JL 6w3, but it is deeper than the JL 6w0 by almost three quarters.  Could anyone tell me if the UDSub Jr box will fit a JL 6w3?  I also need to know the ohms of the JL 6w0 in the UDSubJr as constructed by Musical Touch of Florida was it 8 or 4?   Look forward to a response!!!!

GSB

Take the sub out, remove the 4 screws that hold in the driver, and measure the depth of the box...

Stating the bleedin' obvious I know, but thats where I'd start...

The impedance is written on the bottom of the driver. Different owners may have put in various impedance ratings, depending upon what amplifier they were using. Most, if not all of the UDsubs in the uk were supplied by musical touch without drivers, and modified to fit right hand drive cars in my workshop. Drivers were procured independantly by their owners.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: