Need some help with installing active sub

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2009, 12:42

Anonymous

So im currently sitting in my living room looking at an active sub and confusing myself more and more lol, you all know what its like tho I just wna get it fitted and up and running as soon as possible. I bought the same one as william_Mr2 did about 6 topics down.

Im a complete newbie to doing this all myself (usually i wud just get my cousin to fit everything but i dnt wna keep hassling him) but i managed to install my headunit myself (granted not that hard lol) and i was wondering would it be possible to piggyback off the headunit's wires and crimp the ignition, power and the ground wires from the headunit to the sub? Would this work, or would is there the chanceto blow both the sub and headunit? Any help would be appreciated

Anonymous

Don't piggy back of the head unit wiring your just asking for trouble

Use the gromit behind the drivers side seat behind the rear cabins

Anonymous

Cheers mate yea i ended up just going to my cousin and he helped me fit it, as im a complete novice when it comes to these things

Anonymous

Hi, I like the sound of this as a bass solution. Does it fit under the seat ok?

Anonymous

Unfortunatly not but it does fit right behind the seats against the carpet before it reaches the plastic of the rear bin. For 40 quid it (in my opinion) has made a lot more than 40 quids worth of improvement to the sound.

Im debating putting another one behind the passenger seat as well to balance the car up.

I could post some pictures if you wanted

Anonymous

Pics would be excellent, sounds like a good install!

Anonymous

Hey ive got the pictures just having issues gettin them from my blackberry onto my laptop so bear with me  s:D :D s:D

enid_b

Quote from: "Babycakeseccles"Hi, I like the sound of this as a bass solution. Does it fit under the seat ok?

i doubt you will need it with your new HU ! as long as you have some decent speakers   s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

The Alpine head unit should be excellent, but I am very intrigued by a £40 bass upgrade, cheap and cherfully effective!  :-) :-) :-)

enid_b

Quote from: "Babycakeseccles"The Alpine head unit should be excellent, but I am very intrigued by a £40 bass upgrade, cheap and cherfully effective!  :-) :-) :-)

slight thread drift, how are you gettin on with all that gear i sent down. is it fitted yet?
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

Anonymous

All arrived safely and (after holidays) we should have it all fitted in early July....waiting for an engine fit first! (now if only I could afford to bung a great big V8 in the back....hmmmm!)  :-) :-) :-)

enid_b

Quote from: "Babycakeseccles"(now if only I could afford to bung a great big V8 in the back....hmmmm!)  :-) :-) :-)

dont tease me

Tags: