Fitting single din stereo to 01 car

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2009, 20:31

Anonymous

Hi guys

I have had a read through the forums and looked at the guides etc and I think I know what I need, but it seems there is some confusion between what needs to be used in a facelift/pre-facelift car.

My car is from 01' so is prefacelift.  I have purchased a Sony headunit so don't think I will need a different ISO adapter or anything, just a facia adapter.

I believe I need Auto leads facia plate FP-11-03.  Has anyone used this in their prefacelift MR2 or does anyone know if this is definitely the one I need or is there an alternative?

Sorry if this question seems daft but I just want to be sure before I get the bits, rip my stereo out and end up left without music because I've got the wrong parts

enid_b

**edited as i was apparently spouting bollox again**
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

SteveJ

Quote from: "enid_b"dont worry, i know what you are getting at.

your prefacelift car WILL need an ISO adaptor (Im assuming that its the stock unit fitted at the moment) despite it being a sony unit, i am pretty certain that your NEW sony unit will have an ISO fitting.  the original sony head unit has been designed specifically for this car and this fit.

Nope - the standard HU fitted to pre-facelift cars has the standard Sony connector on it, so no additonal adaptors should be required.

enid_b

i really do need to stop offering technical advice on this forum   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

Anonymous

Quote from: "enid_b"i really do need to stop.

A tad more accurate E.

enid_b

harsh

Anonymous

Give youself a gold star mate.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

So I was right that I didn't need to get the ISO cable?  s:D :D s:D

Any ideas if the fascia plate will do the job or if I need a different one?

Thanks

Anonymous

bump for any last info before I order one of these fascia adapters!

Wabbitkilla

Ok, my car is a facelift, but I imagine the facia adaptor is the same from when the car began production because the metalwork itself has neve changed, only the wiring has changed. So i'd think FP-11-03 is right no matter what year roadster you're dealing with. Unless someone has actually bought and used the one you're talking about then you're going to have to take the chance.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Cheers, for the replies.

Chance taken and ordered the adapter.  Will see soon enough when it turns up!  

had to make sure I used a company which didn't courier through Royal mail though!  Damn strike!

Anonymous

Hi Thedon, please let me know if you got the right adaptor as I plan to do the same as soon as I pick my car up  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Will the stereo stalk/remote control for the original sony HU work with a aftermarket sony HU?

Tags: