Sub With Standard HU?

Started by Anonymous, October 21, 2010, 18:38

Anonymous

Hey im currently fitting my sub (just lined up the mains - though its not actually connected to the battery yet)
ive got a new HU coming but it wont be here untill after the weekend and im dying to test this sub out. Will my standard HU be able to run the sub - does the standard HU have a pre out)

cheers

Anonymous

p.s. its double din

1999 though i think it may be an aftermarket head unit (addzest adx5555z)
on searching the user manual page is non responding  s:( :( s:(  and all other info in in japanese so if there anyone who can speak it.... please help me out  s:D :D s:D

stargazer30

I don't think it does.  But if your sub has a high level input you can wire it to the speaker outputs to test it.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

ah  s:) :) s:)  ok ill just wait then  s:) :) s:)  going to see if i can make those DIY kickpanles that jiMR2 posted up. and see if i can make some sort of fake floor for the rear bin for the sub to stand in (basslink x)

stargazer30

You can make a small 10" sub box that will fit in the bin, like I did.

Or go active Sub like I used to have..
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

Its an active sub that i have - the Bass link x  s:) :) s:)  rather large active sub!

Tags: