Double Din Mounting bracket...

Started by Anonymous, February 11, 2013, 14:32

Anonymous

I am a tiny bit embarrassed to say this but i am stuck fitting a head unit...

basically i have bought a brand new head unit  s:) :) s:)  which is double din but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells a decent mounting bracket for it.

sure ive seen these  m http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-c ... -9769.html m

but they dont seem to be the thing i am actually looking for.

I am after something that will enable me to screw my head unit into my dashboard so then no one can steal it!

the head unit didnt come with such a bracket, nor was i expecting it too.

The stock head unit has the perfect bracket that i need, but i can not get the screws out of it for love nor money!

Any ideas?

might have to get the part number of the stock mounting kit and buy one from CTP.

JiMR2

Sorry Rich, do you mean the cage?
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Anonymous

yeah... i might use the cage that came with the head unit.... there are a few triangle shaped cuts in it which i guess i could push out with a screwdriver behind the vertical struts that i would normally screw into... that would then prevent the cage from being pulled out and the head unit clips into the cage... therefore you wouldn't be able to get it out unless you took the plastic sides out.

JiMR2

Iirc you should be able to screw your HU in to the metal side supports. The HU itself should have a number of holes on each side for this very reason.

Got a pic of the sides of the HU?????
AKA Cinnamon Jim

AndyM

Can't comment on the stock '2 HU, or the one you have, but I'm pretty sure the old Pioneer I had in both my Mini and Clio had a mounting cage that you slid on and then bent some clips to in to grip/hold it in place rather than screw.

If it's gripping in the right direction it should be fine. Got any pictures so we can understand what you have/haven't got a bit better?
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

trevsmr2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"I am a tiny bit embarrassed to say this but i am stuck fitting a head unit...

basically i have bought a brand new head unit  s:) :) s:)  which is double din but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells a decent mounting bracket for it.

sure ive seen these  m http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-c ... -9769.html m

but they dont seem to be the thing i am actually looking for.

I am after something that will enable me to screw my head unit into my dashboard so then no one can steal it!

the head unit didnt come with such a bracket, nor was i expecting it too.

The stock head unit has the perfect bracket that i need, but i can not get the screws out of it for love nor money!

Any ideas?

might have to get the part number of the stock mounting kit and buy one from CTP.

Part numbers on here for the standard double din stereo brackets i think ctp do them ?
but it sounds like you already have them ?

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12583 l

if you dont want the old ones ,can i have them?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

ais

I did this 2 weeks ago. you need to use the brackets from the stock head unit. plenty of topics here covering the install - including using the infil panels you linked to if you want to use the stock casing. key is that you need to use the existing brackets - try using a spanner rather than screwdriver.

Anonymous

Brilliant thank you! Didnt think about that!

ais

the next problem you may hit is that the stock hu brackets may cause your new hu to stick out too far from the dash (several people have had this happen). swop the brackets over & install brackets upside down - fixed it for me

Tags: