Original Sony cd changer installation (prefacelift)

Started by widermuller, June 24, 2017, 20:56

widermuller

Hi!

Can anyone post up pics of the original dealer install of the 10 cd changer Sony..

Just got one off eBay and the long din lead to connect to the head unit.

I have the original Sony prefacelift radio/tape player.

Believe it was located in passenger rear bin with velcro.

Been supplied with a metal cage for it original?

Thanks.
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

s12vea

I haven't got any pictures but yes it was in rear bin passenger side.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

widermuller

Thought I'd re-ask the question, with a new influx of members....

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

Joesson

@widermuller
A car that I didn't buy had a CD changer of some sort and that was as as s12vea says in the rear bin passenger side, iirc it was mounted long side vertically.

fawtytoo

I wondered where the other end of the cable went.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Ardent

Might not be of any use. But mine has a 6 cd remote player going to the Fisher Price  fl unit.

Not sure this helps but happy to take pics if it does

widermuller

Thanks for the replies!

I acquired a 10 disc changer back in 2017 ( Sony 646 ) I believe it is the correct one sold as an accessory. The vendor claimed in the auction ad it was from a roadster.

It came with all leads to connect it to the preface lift Sony head unit.

So I probably fitted it back in 2018, and run the cables under the passenger tread plate and through a ready made hole into rear passenger bin.

The unit came with a surround that protected it and there was velcro (I think) on the units case. It never came with the 90
degree brackets. It all worked great, unfortunately I had to take my car off the road as the
Rear passenger strut leaked, hence my 'epic' rebuilt of the rear suspension including a crossmember change.

I was just curious how the dealers fitted them, as velcro didn't seem strong enough on it's own, as I wish to make the installation as original as possible.

I ended up making a wooden lid that sits on top of the changer, so I could use the straps to hold it in place.

Tags: