Compatible Stock Toyota Head Units

Started by fawtytoo, October 11, 2023, 18:41

fawtytoo

As per a suggestion by @Ardent, this thread is to list known compatible stock Toyota head units that fit our MR2's showing part and model numbers and photos where possible. Toyota used different head units across several of their vehicles and seem to be completely interchangeable including mounting, wiring connectors and even the fascia trim. The wiring connectors all appear to use the same pin configuration regardless of unit or vehicle (assumed to be true given they're used in different Toyota vehicles).

I have a model that has a 6 CD changer with a front facing aux input. It uses 2 of the 4 wiring connectors and everything is functional. Only caveat is the fascia trim is "loose" and required some packing behind it. I'm led to believe it's from a Land Cruiser.

TOYOTA PZ366-12102
Fujistu-Ten 123000-3080D101

"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

The Other Stu

As per the other thread, Toyota harnesses are pretty standard pre-2005ish
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404324860206
No Longer Here

s12vea

TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

fawtytoo

Quote from: s12vea on October 12, 2023, 15:52I know the GT86 headunit works
Do you have a part/model number, maybe a photo?

s12vea

TF204 Blue

s12vea

TF204 Blue

fawtytoo

Another Toyota OEM unit: Sony WX-C570R

And a service manual for it: ElectroTanya.com

Ardent

Just thinking if that was the PFL original unit before he fisher price unit that followed.

inigopete

Quote from: Ardent on November 20, 2023, 20:57Just thinking if that was the PFL original unit before he fisher price unit that followed.
Yes it was - it's what I have on my 2001 PFL. The manual for it is in the Toyota plastic folder with the car manuals. It's old but I quite like it.

ruud2boy

Quote from: fawtytoo on November 20, 2023, 17:42Another Toyota OEM unit: Sony WX-C570R

And a service manual for it: ElectroTanya.com

That's the one I have in mine. Doesn't work as far as I can tell and I've certainly no want or need of a tape player, so I'll be looking to change it quite soon. If anyone wants the Sony for spares / repair, it'll be available free to a good home.

boor

Quote from: ruud2boy on December 21, 2023, 12:56That's the one I have in mine. Doesn't work as far as I can tell and I've certainly no want or need of a tape player, so I'll be looking to change it quite soon. If anyone wants the Sony for spares / repair, it'll be available free to a good home.

Dibs please.
Still have some old cassettes - would look forward to bring it back to life.
If you don't mind posting to Ireland - obviously will pay the costs.
Daily: Fiat Tipo SW
Project: 03 Facelift Mr2 Roadster 2zz (Greddy Supercharger, meth injection, Apexi PFC, MWR pulleys, EBC brakes+braided lines, K&N+feed, custom mani+decat+dual TTE, full TTE bodykit+ARBs+interior, Enkei's and lots more...

fawtytoo

Quote from: ruud2boy on December 21, 2023, 12:56If anyone wants the Sony for spares / repair
Can you please use the For Sale section rather than this thread. Thanks.

Gegal

Tags: