Window switches and Accessing Body Control Module

Started by mr9, January 6, 2024, 14:28

mr9

Afte leaving my car off the road for a while both windows have stopped working.

I've taken the trim apart and trying to find the wiring problem

There is no voltage to the window switches, which to the body control module.

Having looked through the wiring diagrams all the othe body control module features work such as mirrors.

I can trace the harness form thr switches up into the dash but can't see where it goes after.

Can anyone share how to access the body control module?   Is it a remove the dash job or can you access from below?

Trying to avoid paying an auto electrician to repeat the steps I've taken but might have to at this rate

mr9

Fixed it!

After drive late night headaches starting at the wiring diagram and writing it the body control module on rhd cars of the box I've seen 100 times, (manual is for LHD cars) I managed to check the voltages, thwre wae voltage into th bcm at thr relevant wires but not out on the wires going to switches.

Ordered a £15 used module, arrived today, fitted in 2 minutes and now I have windows again.

Trip to KFC drive through this weekend to celebrate saying £50 an hour I was quoted by an electrician who was very perturbed I had already tried to diagnose the problem with a voltmeter as I could have broken the whole system. That's before I ever managed to tell him it's got a whole extra wiring harness for the emublack

Tags: