Prius fog lamps?

Started by smarty72, November 18, 2017, 12:42

smarty72

I'm sure I read somewhere that the fog lights fitted to the Prius (2003 to 2009) are compatible with the roadster's?

If so, has anyone tried any of these?

m https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Toyota-Pri ... SwcUBYLWA7 m

And if you did, is the price too good to be true?
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

Ardent

Havn't tried them as got mine as group buy on here.

But I concur with what you say.

smarty72

Concur with which bit?

That they will fit or they are too cheap to be any good (or maybe both)?

Ardent

the fit bit

Call the midlife!

If you use the vehicle checker at the top the computer says no...
Having said that I've got a Rover 400 armrest fitted to mine and I'm damn sure the computer would say no to that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

smarty72

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"If you use the vehicle checker at the top the computer says no...
Having said that I've got a Rover 400 armrest fitted to mine and I'm damn sure the computer would say no to that too.

Indeed it does (I had tried that) but this seller claims his fog lamp fits both vehicles;

m https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Prius-2 ... SwjL5ZNIRL m

Peter Wright

Toyota MR2 Roadster UK RHD Part Numbers

RH
81211-52060      1   € 123.88
LH
81221-52060      1   € 123.88

I dont know why different part numbers as I thought they were both the same items

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Call the midlife!

Maybe he just surface mounts them, old school style?[emoji2]

60% of the time it works everytime...

smarty72

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Toyota MR2 Roadster UK RHD Part Numbers

RH
81211-52060      1   € 123.88
LH
81221-52060      1   € 123.88

I dont know why different part numbers as I thought they were both the same items

Pete

Thanks Pete.

They look to be 'handed' in the images.

Just used carparts4less website entering details for a 2007 Prius and my MR2 - they list exactly the same lamps, so I think they will fit.

Now just need to decide whether to take a punt on a cheap item from China??

hamspeed

To confirm - the OEM part is the same, they also fit a few other US market vehicles such as the Highlander, Scion etc...

I run a group buy/supply on the forum. It took me a couple of samples to find a decent product, so approach it with the mindset "you get what you pay for."

Two of the biggest issues I came across whilst:

- Bulbs not seating correctly due to the moulding of the housing (allowing water ingress.)

- Front glass not bonded substantially enough

- Damaged upon arrival

It's also worth noting that you will also have to pay customs and VAT at 20% upon arrival (unless the seller does not fill the paperwork out correctly of course!)
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

smarty72

Quote from: "hamspeed"To confirm - the OEM part is the same, they also fit a few other US market vehicles such as the Highlander, Scion etc...

I run a group buy/supply on the forum. It took me a couple of samples to find a decent product, so approach it with the mindset "you get what you pay for."

Two of the biggest issues I came across whilst:

- Bulbs not seating correctly due to the moulding of the housing (allowing water ingress.)

- Front glass not bonded substantially enough

- Damaged upon arrival

It's also worth noting that you will also have to pay customs and VAT at 20% upon arrival (unless the seller does not fill the paperwork out correctly of course!)

Thanks Hamish, I'm aware of your lamps which look great and I really would like some for the DRL functionality - just not wanting to spend that much atm.

Mine look hideous and I very rarely use them, just thought it might be a cheap solution to smarten them up.

I'll have a think and see if Santa (Mrs S) wants to place an order for a pair of yours.

Tags: