ULEZ - how to make compliant?

Started by Dagnet, July 28, 2023, 15:29

paulj

I tried to get mine updated via the Clean Air Zone support system (works for everywhere except London) and got a quick reply from them.  They are happy to update details and issue a new V5 upon production of a Certificate of Conformity from Toyota.  A quick email to David Crouch at Toyota GB, a big MR2DC figure, led me to a page on their website.  https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/certificates-of-conformity  Essentially one is yours for £75 plus proof of ownership.  I would probably only be an infrequent visitor to a zone so am going to keep my money for the moment but hopefully this will help others
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

barchetta_ms

Dagnet

UPDATE!! SUCCESS!!

My MR2 has been approved as ULEZ compliant by TFL, so now I don't have to pay the charge. First I emailed TFL, showing them example number plates of other compliant MR2s, but they didn't buy it (took them over a month to reply, which was very annoying). So I ordered a Certificate of Conformity from Toyota for £75 - the whole process of approving the application and receiving the certificate in the post took around 10 days. Then I sent photos of the CoC as well as the V5C and the car was approved as ULEZ compliant in just under a week.

It looks like cars made before 2001 didn't have to specifiy their emissions (e.g. NOx, CO, CO2) in their logbook, so TFL doesn't have any emissions data on these vehicles. The pre-facelift MR2 has 0.01 g NOx/km which is well bellow the 0.08 g NOx/km that is required for ULEZ. The CoC provides the necessary proof of compliant emissions.

Very happy!!

Alex Knight

Great result, well done!

I'm minded to ask TFL for the £75.00 CoC fee.

You shouldn't be out of pocket because of their administrative error.

puma2

:) your back ground work payed off in the end 8)
keep all the paper work handy as it sounds like you may need to prove this at a later date

Petrus

Quote from: Alex Knight on September 23, 2023, 19:14You shouldn't be out of pocket because of their administrative error.

What it the error by TFL?

QuoteIt looks like cars made before 2001 didn't have to specifiy their emissions (e.g. NOx, CO, CO2) in their logbook, so TFL doesn't have any emissions data on these vehicles.

If anything it is Toyota´s ´negligence´ no?

In any case congrats and chapeau to @Dagnet !

Alex Knight

Quote from: Petrus on September 24, 2023, 10:21What it the error by TFL?

Listing a compliant car as not compliant.

Petrus

Quote from: Alex Knight on September 24, 2023, 13:18Listing a compliant car as not compliant.

According to the data they had, probably from the MoT, it was not listed as compliant.
As I wrote, in mý opinion that was/is the task of the manufacturar who after all doés have the data.
Different pov. Thanks for highlighting yours.

The TFL has the interest in nót chasing that info. They want less cars in.
If one is cynical, apparently the manufacturars too. They want to sell néw cars.

Alex Knight

Quote from: Petrus on September 24, 2023, 15:19The TFL has the interest in nót chasing that info. They want less cars in.
If one is cynical, apparently the manufacturars too. They want to sell néw cars.

This is conjecture.

The facts remain; the vehicle was incorrectly listed as not compliant.

You should not have to pay to correct the error of a government body.

Alex Knight

Quote from: Alex Knight on September 25, 2023, 12:33This is conjecture.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The fact remains; the vehicle was incorrectly listed as not compliant.

You should not have to pay to correct the error of a government body.

Petrus

Quote from: Alex Knight on September 25, 2023, 12:33You should not have to pay to correct the error of a government body.

Ah well, unfortunately shit happens and more so with gvt.

paulj

Quote from: Dagnet on September 23, 2023, 18:59Then I sent photos of the CoC as well as the V5C and the car was approved as ULEZ compliant in just under a week.

From what i read you should also get a new V5 with the emissions listed on it.  Useful as it will be the base data used for all other clean air zones.  I think TFL work differently so it may be worth choosing another zone and forwarding the documents to them as well.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Tags: