MOT fail, dangerous fault

Started by Tenbeech, January 26, 2024, 08:58

Tenbeech

The MR2 mk3 failed its MOT test the other day with a dangerous fault , namely passenger side dipped  beam aim too low ,dangerous ???? MOT tester said he could not adjust the aim for me as the plastic liner had to be removed and he was not allowed to remove it . Same day a friend took his Suzuki 750 for a test and got a pass with advisory, nail in back tyre , how is that not dangerous?

Carolyn

Take the liner out and take it back.

Different testers have different ways of doing things.  Don't expect it to make sense ;D
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Tenbeech

That's exactly what I did , he adjusted the aim for me , and no re-test fee , he was apologetic about it, at least the hand brake worked .

mr2garageswindon

We have to choose from a menu on the mot testing service.
Nail in tyre cannot be failed.
Tyres with cords exposed is a dangerous failure (Do not drive until repaired) Some MOT stations will try and tell you you cannot take it away.
Realistically you would be braking the law "Knowingly driving a non road worthy vehicle".
Now they are getting us to ask the customer can you look up your pass certificate online? Trying to save us paper and ink!

Joesson

The first time I had my 2 MOT'd by someone other than MrT the Nearside passenger light beam was low!
I was charged a very nominal fee for the adjustment and it was passed.
I had thought the illumination level was not the best on the few occasions I ventured out in the dark , but why Mr T didn't think the lights were wrongly set I know not.

Tags: