03 Foglights

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2003, 12:15

Anonymous

Has anyone out there had the need to replace a front foglamp? One of mine has been smashed by a stone and needs replacing. Does anyone know how much they are and are they easy to fit?

Slacey

Quote from: "M25 Nomad"One of mine has been smashed by a stone and needs replacing. Does anyone know how much they are and are they easy to fit?
Eeerk! Glad I 'aint got them, I doubt it's cheap!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

and i think they may be a pain to replace... if you look at the bulb replacement bit in the manual it tells you how to reaplace the headlight and then for fog light it says go to your dealer IIRC! (and thats just for the bulb!)  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "M25 Nomad"Has anyone out there had the need to replace a front foglamp? One of mine has been smashed by a stone and needs replacing. Does anyone know how much they are and are they easy to fit?

Ouch. That probably isn't going to be cheap.

Should be easy enough to change though... take one large pot of Vaseline to your local dealer, ask them to do it, and....

Seriously, it should be pretty easy to do; remove the front bumper (easy on a 'pre-03, should be pretty much the same on an '03), and I guess it should be fairly obvious from there once you can get to the back of it. It probably just clips in, or at worst a couple of screws/bolts.

Anonymous

Have just ordered the part. £47.00 plus VAT. Have decided to fit it myself. I have a sneaky feeling that the unit can be got at by partly removing the plastic cover which is located underneath.

zud

Alfa wanted silly money when I cracked a fog-light on my 164.  So I took the unit to a local glass place where they cut a piece of strengthened glass  to shape and stuck it on.  I knew the owner quite well and he didn't even charge me, but i doubt it would have been much more than a tenner!  It passed an MOT and never gave me a problem   s:D :D s:D  
I guess it would have been Ok if I'd actually used the front fogs too!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

I'm sure I've seen some sort of film that can be placed over vulnerable glass to give a limited amount of protection.
Have inspected it further after getting over the initial shock and whatever it was, it's gone straight through. I'm sort of pleased now it didn't hit the paintwork.

juansolo

Armourfend light is what you want to protect your front spots.  I've had one go as well.  As I don't use them I'll be replacing it/them when I sell it.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: