Is it worth getting a service....

Started by Wabbitkilla, February 20, 2006, 15:05

Wabbitkilla

Erm...

I'm a newbie so sorry for what could be an obvious question;
I've just bought my MR2, it's a 2003 with 3990 miles on it.
Getting it from a Citroen dealer, he is checking fluid levels etc before handing over the keys.

So obviously it's servicing might need ironing out.
Do i get an immediate service, or wait till i've covered the requisite 10000 miles?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

SimonC_Here

That's tiny milage!

It should have had 2(3?) services already 'cos of it's age, it's 10,000 OR yearly which ever comes first.

Find out when the last one was and go from there. If there hasn't been ANY then yes, get a service straight away, and a full one at that.

Simon

Wabbitkilla

Excellent - top man!

Did i do well!
They say it has a full service history, so i'm guessing the yearly services have been done - obviously i'll check. If not, then i'll get it booked in.
Any recommendations for a Mr T dealer i can trust in North Yorkshire somewhere within 30 miles of Skipton?

My local dealership changed hands last year, had a refurb and bumped up servicing costs, plus i wasn't impressed with their attempts at servicing my Yaris T-Sport (West Riding, Silsden). Example - replaced brake fluid and turned working brakes into barely working brakes!

BTW - previous owner was scared of it, ended up pregnant, traded it on for a Peugeot 307cc, my gain   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Slacey

These guys are excellent, and only 8 miles from you:

West Riding Toyota
Howden Road
Silsden
Keighley
West Yorkshire
BD20 0HA
Tel: 01535 652488
Fax: 01535 655772
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

vheck that the speedo didn't need replacing at some point!!

aaronjb

Quote from: "Rhumbathunder"vheck that the speedo didn't need replacing at some point!!

IIRC, I've read before here that the mileage is actually in the ECU, not the speedo cluster..

I may be imagining that, but I'm sure someone like Adam has posted about it in the past.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

looking at the wiring diags, the meter holds parts of the ECU system in it! so your both right but its still all contained within the meter itself
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"IIRC, I've read before here that the mileage is actually in the ECU, not the speedo cluster..

My ECU is in the garage and the mileage works just fine with the PFC  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: