H&S or TTE

Started by alancdavis, March 10, 2006, 20:18

alancdavis

I WOULD LIKE OPINIONS AS TO THE BEST TWIN PIPE EXHAUST TO CHOOSE REGARDING STYLE AND LOOKS,,,PREFORMANCE AND SOUND

H&S HAVE QUOTED ME AROUND £400 FITTED AND I NOTE THAT SILVERSTONE PREFORMANCE SUPPLY AND FIT A TTE FOR £454 OR £401 SUPPY ONLY

DAMM CAP LOCK IS STUCK AGAIN    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Alan

Plenty of info on both TTE and H&S, try the search function (  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) it will turn up soundtracks of both.

I've the TTE which I like but if I was looking now I'd like to have Graham's (Dimwit) exhaust because it looks so made for the 2.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "alancdavis"H&S HAVE QUOTED ME AROUND £400 FITTED
That seems very cheap as mine was quite a bit more a while back in a group buy  s:? :? s:?  I think the H&S looks better as it can be tailored to what you want; and it definately sounds lounder if thats what you like  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

alancdavis

Not many opinions on this subject   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

spit

I think the H&S sounds great, and there's a good bit of choice available in terms of tip styling too. I reckon you only get the full benefit from these things after a de-precat (for flow) and CAI (for grumble) though.

I've got a redundant Sportsauspuff if you're really stuck  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Silverstone Performance are currently working on a exhaust system that is on there TTET and will be able to be used on a N/A car. Having seen it I can say it looks great and sounds slightly louder than TTE but not to loud you sound like a biy racer.

m http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/simon. ... pg&.src=ph m

m http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/simon. ... pg&.src=ph m

Dont know when it will be ready but it is being made by a company that makes exhausts for a F1 team  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

H&S beats TTE hands down, far more of a grumble, and a good 2-3dB louder when pre-cats are gutted and Apexi intake fitted.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"H&S beats TTE hands down, far more of a grumble, and a good 2-3dB louder when pre-cats are gutted and Apexi intake fitted.

Don't know about the Apexi, but I would agree the same without it!

The Turbo chaps will be selling theirs soon soon.....get it much cheaper than £400   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

don't count on it they meay well keep them with the TTE
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

yep, fraid i'll be keeping mine, the TTET is designed for after market exhausts to be used. So back off you lot, my TTE is staying where it is

**goes to get shotgun before the vultures circle**
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Hi all

This is my first time on the site, been hiding in the shadows, so be gentle with me  s:) :) s:)  . I had my system made by Blueflame in Jan of this year. Looks and sounds great for me any way. Cost was £365 all in. I think it was the first time they had done on a later model, so I think the price would be around the £400 plus VAT.

[/url]

Thanks
Rob

kanujunkie

welcome to the club Rob  s:D :D s:D  

those tips look different, any chance of some closeup piccies of one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome Stu

No problem I'll take a couple of shots this weekend if that's OK.

Rob

alancdavis

One little nudge brings loads of new opinions   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    thanks guys

Anonymous

Just a pic of my remus twins which i fitted last weekend, very basey when on the gas especially when driving down country lanes with hedges on either side.Seems to free engine up a bit, revs easier.

chris

kanujunkie

just for anyone that doesn't know the Remus and the TTE exhaust are the same, Remus make the TTE but produce it with oval tips rather than the round ones on there own version
[size=100]Stu[/size]

alancdavis

NICE  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

peppyuk

Quote from: "spit"I've got a redundant Sportsauspuff if you're really stuck  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

A what?
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

aaronjb

Quote from: "peppyuk"
Quote from: "spit"I've got a redundant Sportsauspuff if you're really stuck  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

A what?

It's a make of exhaust  s;) ;) s;)  (Actually, literally translated from German it's Sports Exhaust, but it's a specific make in this case)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

QuoteI've got a redundant Sportsauspuff if you're really stuck

Is this a dual exit system ?

Im interested if it is  :-) :-) :-)

edward.carter

Quote from: "projectneon"
QuoteI've got a redundant Sportsauspuff if you're really stuck

Is this a dual exit system ?

I'm interested if it is  :-) :-) :-)

form a queue, i believe there are at least 2 other interested parties   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

*Ahem........'Now serving ticket number 3'.....*

I'll get my coat

edward.carter

only know coz i pm'd about it and he said someone else already interested lol, u gotta be quick on this forum if anybody so much as mentions anythiungs available or hints at getting rid the vultures attack   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

***My Nan's available***

Open to sensible offers only please   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chrisjam"[my remus twins which i fitted last weekend, very basey when on the gas especially when driving down country lanes with hedges on either side.Seems to free engine up a bit, revs easier.

chris

I fitted the TTE exhaust a week back. To be very honest, it seem to have restrictive effect . The car certainly seems a little slower! The extra 'power' at 4,200rmp, when the cam timing changes seems to have gone. I might take the 2 in for a rolling road tune to see if they can improve it.

Nathan

Tags: