H&S or TTE

Started by alancdavis, March 10, 2006, 20:18

Anonymous

Have you reset the ECU after you fitted the exhaust ?

Anonymous

No, I hadn't thought of that.
If I remember correctly I just need to disconnect the battery for a few mins and that will reset the ECU. Is that correct?

Thanks

Nathan

kanujunkie

yes, disconnect it for about 15mins
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks, trying it now.

Nathan

alancdavis

My local Toyota agent has quoted me £439 to supply and fit a twin pipe TTE,,,,,is that about average  s:?: :?: s:?:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

I paid 660 Euros, here in Greece, which is about 455 quid.

Well recommeded mod to the 2.

Enjoy.

Nathan

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"yes, disconnect it for about 15mins

Amazingly, it seems to have worked! The sluggishness between 4-5k has now gone.

I assume the ECU 'learns' and alters the engine settings depend on previous history? Or is it just me imagining that it has improved!

Thanks

Nathan

Anonymous

Glad to hear it worked Nathan  :-) :-) :-)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Agni"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"yes, disconnect it for about 15mins

Amazingly, it seems to have worked! The sluggishness between 4-5k has now gone.

I assume the ECU 'learns' and alters the engine settings depend on previous history? Or is it just me imagining that it has improved!

Thanks

Nathan

yes it goes into a learn mode for a while which is why you should take it out for a decent drive straight away. You should have also cleaned the MAF as well as that needs a reset after doing too. We dont know a lot about the ECU to be honest as Mr.T has never released any details on it. This is also the reason why the TTET has a piggyback ECU, even they couldn't get the code
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

MAF?

What is this? I promise I have searched the forum but cannot find anything about it. I assume Main Air Filter?

If so, my car is still new, only 7,000km on the clock. I was thinking of changing the air filter and maybe I should now that I have the twin TTE system, BUT I would rather not make the car any noisier (inside) that is is already. Do they make a TTE air filter system or a new induction kit maybe?

Thanks

Nathan

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Agni"MAF?

What is this? I promise I have searched the forum but cannot find anything about it. I assume Main Air Filter?

NO, Mass Air Flow sensor, the black sensor just after the air filter box
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

OK, thanks   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Any advice on cleaning it etc.

Cheers

Nathan

Anonymous

Quote from: "Agni"Any advice on cleaning it etc.

A search for MAF CLEANING brings  http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7781&highlight=maf+cleaning    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ash1809

regarding the ECU does it have to be reset if you gut the precat?

Tem

Quote from: "ash1809"regarding the ECU does it have to be reset if you gut the precat?

No. But it never hurts to do so.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: